Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hesitation At High Boost!

Hedgehog Dodger

Guys

Had a couple of runs on private road *cough* last night to see if I could get anymore out of the EVC.

When Booting it the car was hesitating a little and exhaust 'popping' in the following gears at the following pressure.

1st = 1.25bar

2nd = 1.25 bar

3rd = 1.30 bar

4th = 1.75bar

5th = 1.80bar

Now the car has been built in Japan so is still mapped to run on there fuel, so I am thinking that the ignition timing is out slightly, thats why its stuttering and miss-firing.

I need to get it mapped, but need to save the £££'s. Before I do though does anyone think it may be something different?

either the timing on pap fuel or maybe the usual leads/plugs/rotor/dizzy.

I have got a Copper Contact Dizzy Cap and Rotor arm at home, will put it on tonight.

Will get some new spark plugs too. Which ones should I go for?

:thumbsup:

Yeah... like Bibbs said... maybe !Removed! the ignition slightly

Thats what I thought to be honest. But to be safe I have just ordered my Spark Plugs and also will change my Dizzy cap tonight.

Leads a new too, so dont think it will be that.

Hopefully have some ££££ to spend on the mapping after the Pod so I can then sort the little blighter out.

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you running it down the strip! :thumbsup:

dude,

just turn your boost down a tad to say 1 bar until it is remapped. the popping is being caused by the injectors throwing too much fuel into the mix.

this is exactly what was happening to mine when i tried to run over 16psi.

gotta be worth a try.

dude,

just turn your boost down a tad to say 1 bar until it is remapped. the popping is being caused by the injectors throwing too much fuel into the mix.

this is exactly what was happening to mine when i tried to run over 16psi.

gotta be worth a try.

To be honest, when I have the boost set to 1.20 its fine B) but not quick enough ;) :P So I turn it up and all fine until in 4th and I hit 1.75/1.8 bar and then pop pop pop pop :lol:

Your right though, dont want to do any damage of course :-)

don't !Removed! the ignition timing, told by a reliable source that it will rob power and do f all to sorting prolems like this due to the way the ecu sets appropriate timing. It probably is due to rubbish fuel. I saw pics of your car and i suspect its probably never been run on anyting but top quality racing fuel. Best get it remapped.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links