Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part Number Needed

pcolvin00

A little while ago the brakes on my 1993 Corolla 1.6l 16V Executive Liftback (Engine is labelled 4AFE) faded out, still had the secondary system, but still brown trousers moment. :help:

My garage has reccommending replacing the Master Cylinder, I would just like to know the part number for it, so far it has proved a hard part and number to get. My car does not have ABS, but it does have the vacuum servo thingy.

So is there any where anyone would recommend? Price seems to be around the £200 quid mark.

Of course next day brakes were fine and have been since, but I would like to get it changed "just in case" it happens again.

I'm afraid i can't give you a part number but can offer some advice.

I mentioned this in a previous post about the clutch master cylinder.

If possible and if finances will stretch to it try and get a Toyota one, the pattern part ones do have a habbit of 'blowing' very quickly.

As I mentioned on a previous post about a friends AE82 GT. A new pattern part one (costing only £37) was fitted and blew 3 months later!

Didn't think a new Toyota one was £200, especially as Toyota dealers (from my experiance) do offer a discount/reduction with parts for cars 10+ years old.

I came up with two part numbers... one for 5/92-5/93, and another for 5/93-5/95... so whichever yours falls under... first, the one for 5/92-5/93 is 47201-12790, and the later one is 47201-12890.

Can someone also tell me a rough price for this part please? Should have put this in the original posting. Sorry people

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links