Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lotus 2zz-ge, Ecu Re-map

thecanadian

Thought, some of you techies may be interested (i was) in this excerpt from the sands mechanical museum...

Toyota's 2ZZ-GE versions found in the U.S. make ten fewer horsepower at 180 hp than the same engine in the rest of the world which has 190 hp. However Lotus has retuned the 2ZZ-GE for use in Elise, smoothing out the torque dip at the 6000 rpm cam changeover point and strengthening the torque in the other rpm ranges. In addition to the improved torque Lotus brought the peak horsepower back up to 190 in their U.S. version of the engine. These adjustments were largely accomplished by reprogramming the Engine Control Unit (ECU or engine computer). Toyota has apparently expressed interest in the changes Lotus made to broaden and even the torque and increase the power. Changes to the Lotus version of the engine are not purely electronic, however, as a new intake and exhaust are also fitted. The exhaust is so fully optimized that altering it reportedly results in a significant power loss. Aftermarket tuners and parts buyers beware!

Very Intresting

I am a big fan of the Elise, hope toyota do pick up on the work that Lotus do, can only help make the CTS a better car.

I thought the 10 hp difference was because of the difference between the horsepower calculations. DIN (euro) is (i think) usually 3% more than SAE (american). Plus US laws allow rounding up to the hp figures...

BZN,

North America has, for lack of a better word, de-tuned the 2zz-ge for the Matrix. However, I believe the celica still gets the full 189.XXX bhp.

"PferdeStarke" - literal translation - '"Power of a horse"

To convert from BHP to PS multiply BHP by 1.01387

To convert from PS to BHP multiply PS by 98.6

You will also notice that Lotus has supposedly optimised the intake and exhaust on the elise.

I've heard aswell that lotus has done something to the valves...

The moderators should pin a topic where everyone shares the info they've got about mods to the 2zzge.. It would be really helpful if you need a part # or some reviews!!! Wont have to search the whole time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links