Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windows Xp Sp2

tooyoung

Ok,

Has anyone else tried installing this yet and if so have you had any problems?

Windows update has downloaded it for me, but I diagnose software installation issues at work and can't be really be ar**ed doing it at home

Thanks,

In my experience, yes! In other people's experience, no!

I've installed it on 3 PCs (all totally different) without any problems, but I know others on here haven't been so fortunate.

Good luck,

Alan

I personally would only install it if you havent got a firewall of some sorts on your pc already.

I use Norton Internet Security on my PC thus dont want SP2 just yet as the new features of SP2 do the same job as my existing software.

Worked for me. No probs whatsoeverrrr

rrrrrr

rrrrrr

rrrrrr

rrrrrr

rrrr

rrrr

rrr

rrr

rr

rr

r :ph34r:

if its a legal copy then you shouldnt have any problems

which version on norton?

2002 :thumbsup:

It must work , cos i'm so computer illiterate my pc would have that many virii it would have to be put down! :D

2002 and 2003 are fine with XP

2004 is a pain with XP

:censor: :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: :censor: :censor: :censor:

No..

Just re-formatted the hd, re-installed xp and sp1, turned off updates... bugger :arrgg-matey:

i haete XP!! iv had to format computer at least 15 times within the past year - no exageration! iv had so many problems with it.

i haete XP!! iv had to format computer at least 15 times within the past year - no exageration! iv had so many problems with it.

Breezer is that XP Home or Pro. Home is a pain in the aris, Pro is much quicker.

I've had no probs with SP2 seems much better.

Is that Home or Pro. Pro is much better and quicker.

My pc is fine with sp2.

Breezer is your xp a dodgy copy? If you hat it so much why do you keep installing xp again and not use something else. I hear linux is fun.

got win98, linux and server 2003 running on the same PC at the same time, took me a while to install linux though

Norton + SP2 = fine for me so far

Ditto

and I've installed in on 4 pcs so far, no issues.

only issues ive had with SP2 are after i uninstalled Zonealarm security suite XP won't connect to the net..

tried both Cabled & wiFi - both pickup a DHCP assigned IP address & still nothing.....

ohh & now windows is telling me ive got 5 days to activate when i activated as soon as i installed XP.....

grrrrrrrr

J

I refuse to put SP2 on my work PC... not my job and I dont want it cocking it up... use win2k at home.. but even if I did upgrade to my XP I have seen too many peeps with issues....

Im glad most of you got it working fine...

I am waiting on a decent SP :P

only issues ive had with SP2 are after i uninstalled Zonealarm security suite XP won't connect to the net..

tried both Cabled & wiFi - both pickup a DHCP assigned IP address & still nothing.....

ohh & now windows is telling me ive got 5 days to activate when i activated as soon as i installed XP.....

grrrrrrrr

J

Same here, but then... a few days later, nowt would work :o

Nope, wont touch it with a 10ft barge pole. Unfortunately my company thought it wise to bring out a SP2 book and cd, and we've had nothing but trouble from it :(

i've been running xp pro with sp2 for months now , no problems at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links