Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rampipe

houston

ive had a bit play about with my new filter :) and ive noticed that when the cars warmed up that it seems slugish, im puttin this down to the filter cos it was ok before, so now what im after is an extended rampipe to situate the filter as close as i can to the vent, does anyone know if theres such a thing as an off the shelf item i can use or is it a moddin moment for me? also thinking of some sort of heatshield to aid in cooling.

how have you got it placed? you need to remove the black box

But yes you can buy heatshields. probably a carbon box would be the ideal thing, but sod trying to place one in that tight corner :blink: :)

i've noticed that problem too!

I keep meaning to pop the stock system back in, well the piping for cool air, and direct it towards the K&N.

Just havent got round to doing it yet!

It's an annoying catch 22, cos the cars more powerful when i start her up, but i don't like raggin her til she's warmed up for risk of damage!!!

-Z

stu8 ive took absolutely EVERYTHING out, filled a black bag with plastic crap, you can see the filter if you look up from the side vent, put the cold feed piping on but i just dont think its enough, air will be forced in once moving but nowt from standstill.

zeroblade when u mean put the stock piping back in do you mean from the vent or the engine? just cos ive tried putting stock pipes back on from engine and they wont mate with k&n piping, needs a sleeve added which im gonna try and get from shop tomorrow, thing is if i put stock pipes back on it means replacing the resonators too which i dont think helps with air flow.

ideally id like a nice stainless steel jobbie to go with when the engine gets all polished up (waiting for a dry weekend when me and my bro are off to do it proper) like the injen filter, im thinking of going to tube torque to see what they can do but its $$$$ (pound signs not working on my keyboard for some reason, brings up #)

its bin a while now so my memory may very well be playin tricks on me, but im on about the air piping that goes to the vent. i'm sure u can have that pointing towards the filter, i cant rem tbh!

Ima take a look in a few weeks when i pop back to my parents place where the bits & bobs r stashed.

-Z

...but its $$$$ (pound signs not working on my keyboard for some reason, brings up #)

Change you Regional Options from your Control Panel... you're using US if your getting # instead of £!!!

Change back to UK.

:thumbsup:

ive got the pipe that came with the filter on but i want to actually put the filter in a cooler place, the piping only supplies cold air once your moving, the stock pipe is a box which i dont think would help cooling

jesus ive checked my regional settings and im on english united kingdom so i take it thats ok? cheers for the help, i used to be good with pcs but now i havent the patience

didya go to the details within the languages tab and make uk english your default keyboard lang?

Cos there are a few regional settings that you can change!

I suppose you could always get a TOM's scoop (or similar) to help with the cooling... :ph34r:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links