Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17" Alloys

corollags

If fitting 17inch wheels on a AE111 Corolla I think the tyre size has to be 205/45x17 (and these can be expensive) if speedo calculation is to remain the same.

205/40/17s are completely fine for the car and dont alter the speedo. This is what I have.

I have tested this by driving down a straight section of the motorway doing 70MPH with a friend in a completely standard 206 keeping the same speed about 6foot from my bumper.

The readings were exactly the same! :-D

Ad

yup its all to do with the rolling radius.

I also have to laugh at people who reckon 17" will affect their acceleration on the quarter mile.... get real, the radius is the same, you have a wider foot print due to wider tyres for more traction (and a gnats twang of more resistance) and you have stiffer sidewalls for less flex in the wall meaning a faster lauch or if your crap a much bigger wheel spin :ph34r: .

My 17" alloys are a lot lighter then my old 14" stockers due to the amount of alloy and the amount of tyre being much less in each case.

there are no rockets involved.....

:fishyface: :fishyface: :fishyface:

205/40/17s are completely fine for the car and dont alter the speedo. This is what I have.

Appologies all round!

Corollaags you are quite correct 40 series is right. I had a look at Wheel/tyre size calculator thread under wheels and tyres forum (very useful). I should have looked at this first, so much for my local tyre centre advising the other size! ...however still my fault for quoting them.

I also have to laugh at people who reckon 17" will affect their acceleration on the quarter mile....

Very amusing i haven't heard that one but i'm sure many have.

Take care

Happy motoring

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links