Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Verry Loud Screeching Noise Help Please ! !

robbcorolla

:help: i need help please when ever i start my car in a morning or from cold there is a very loud screeching nois comoing from the engine and after a bit it goes away like when the engine is warm.

does any1 know what the problem mite b the car is a 99 corrola estate 2.0d

thanks for you help!!!

Hey,

sounds like you need a new fan belt or probable needs tightening. It's not a Big problem really.

Hope thats the problem.!! :rolleyes:

As Starwand said - prolly your fan-belt, but could also be another belt.

Should just need adjusting or replacing - not expensive.

Pop it down to a Kwikfit or the likes or a place that offers servicing of any car and get them to check & replace as necessary unless you are competent to do the work yourself.

HTH :thumbsup:

could somebody help me pls lol.

Is this a difficult job to do(streching the belt) or how much would it be just for a check out 2 see wot needs doin?

how much is a new belt and fittin?

quick guide would b verry nice lol.

All you need to do is find the alternator. This will be attached to the engine on a pivot bolt. Loosen the bolt, then get a crowbar or something else long and strong enough to give you some leverage. Lever the alternator (probably away from the engine) so the belt attached to it gets tighter, then tighten the bolt up again. Some WD40 may help to loosen it up a bit. Job done and Robert's your mums brother!! :thumbsup:

P.S If you haven't got one, get a Haynes manual from Halfords or somewhere similar. This makes working on your car 10 times easier. They're about £10-£15.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links