Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corrado Vr6

midmotorsteve

Mate of mine just bought one of these, it is a nice car he took me for a spin, quite quick, good sound. I then took him out in mine as he hadn't been in it since the conversion, his reaction was 'it shouldn't be legal for cars to be that quick'...

decided the 2 was in another league :)

Class... :D

Dont you just love it when peeps dont know what to expect when they get in the tubby.

Even better when they 'think' they know how quick it is.. just to totally supprise 'em!.. :ph34r::lol:

Mate of mine just bought one of these, it is a nice car he took me for a spin, quite quick, good sound.  I then took him out in mine as he hadn't been in it since the conversion, his reaction was 'it shouldn't be legal for cars to be that quick'...

decided the 2 was in another league :)

lol, so true :thumbsup:

Class... :D

Dont you just love it when peeps dont know what to expect when they get in the tubby.

Even better when they 'think' they know how quick it is.. just to totally supprise 'em!..  :ph34r:  :lol:

tell them it's an N/A that usualy calms them down before the storm <_<

the MR2 turbo is defo the best bang for buck you can get. Just glad it's group 20 insurance so no Nova driving 17year olds can afford it..... :thumbsup:

I used to have one of them... i loved it but it doesn't compare to the '2 :thumbsup:

you prefer the MR2 N/A over the VR6 Corrado? :blink:

but new v6 vws arent as hot, was next to a golf v6 4 motion (51 reg)a few days ago and it only started losing me over 60, i know mr2s are fast but surely a v6 golf should get away from me before that?

the 3sge lump pumps out more power that the golf vr6 lump

the corrados and golf vr6 arnt anything special same goes for the ford v6 lump and vauxhall they are no way tuned to there potential and in the golf the lumps a bit to heavy

the 3sge lump pumps out more power that the golf vr6 lump

the corrados and golf vr6 arnt anything special same goes for the ford v6 lump and vauxhall they are no way tuned to there potential and in the golf the lumps a bit to heavy

i used to think that as well, but ive been in a polo vr6 (wasnt driving) and it had loads more power than my 2, might have been cos of lighter car i suppose :wacko:

The 'VR6' engine hasn't really changed a great deal since the mk3 golfs and corrados to present day.

output on a golf/bora 4motion is 204bhp from a 2.8 V6

they are terribly choked and benefit greatly from a better exhaust and an ecu remap which sees them through to about 225bhp - not huge amounts but it's alot smoother and pulls better than stock.

Golfs have not been 'fast' for a long time now though, when you consider the £24k R32 is a tuned 2.8 V6 lump (3.2) and only pushes 240bhp.... you can get these to around 270bhp with a good remap but it's still not enough.

If you want a fast VAG car then buy an RS4 or RS6 and that'll give you 450bhp and 520bhp standard to play with :)

MR2's are incredible 'bang for buck' it must be said :D

All my previous cars were VW's - seeing as i was a V Dub nutt at one point. My overall view on these cars were they looked awesome BUT never really delivered in the power department, this not including the R36 which is fast - BUT expensive for what you get.

Anyway, as far as the MR2 Turbo is conserned it definitively feels fast but you kinda get used to the power quickly which then turns you into a modding freak in the pursuit of even more power!!! :ffs:

Great car tho :thumbsup:

All my previous cars were VW's - seeing as i was a V Dub nutt at one point. My overall view on these cars were they looked awesome BUT never really delivered in the power department, this not including the R36 which is fast - BUT expensive for what you get.

Anyway, as far as the MR2 Turbo is conserned it definitively feels fast but you kinda get used to the power quickly which then turns you into a modding freak in the pursuit of even more power!!! :ffs:

Great car tho :thumbsup:

man i bet you took some flack fromt he V'Dub lot when you went Jap.. :D

The biggest shock I ever had was driving my tubby. I had liked the MR2 for years but had never got round to actually buying one (got kids :(), but I finally bought one this year and frigtened myself stupid when I first wound it up.

A mate of mine had recently bought a Celica ST185 GT4 and I thought that was quick, but he was gutted when he and I brought my 2 back from the place I bought it.

...he's looking for a 2 now... :D

Im still taking flack now Fizz. :ffs:

Great cars (VW), but slow, this i remind the V Dub lot as im flying past them with a big grin on my face!!! ha ha. :thumbsup:

soarer ate the 4 motion!!!

... me want a tubby... :drool:

-Z

Have you been for a spin in one yet bro? :rolleyes:

Next time your in Leeds.. give me a shout.. should hook up.. as we keep meaning to.. :yes:

The turbo sounds like so much fun. I'm gonna be buying one next year once I'm in a full-time job I think. Good thing is I can hopefully transfer my mods from the N/A over to the turbo.

soarer ate the 4 motion!!!

would you mind elaborating on that statement.. :rolleyes::lol:

:rolleyes: :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links