Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You Drive Your Mr2 Turbo?

swales_p

For some reason im always trying to find out the best way to drive me tubbie so that i get the best boost of power.

Anyway, from my constant ongoing experiments, ive found that if i drive my car upto the point of when i can here the turbo spooling over (always puts a smile on my face :D ) then put the accelerator down, not booting it here, the car bolts forward - slowly put my foot down even more, take the car up to 5000 - 6000 revs then WOO HOOOO!!!! im off.

This is even better in cold misty mornings, when the cars warmed up obviously.

So, there's my way whats yours. Also, do any of you have preferences in what rev range to change gears, mine 5000 revs and yes, all this car molarky is starting to make me an addict in driving modding, etc etc etc., ahh god, i need :help:

Also, do any of you boot it, when i mean boot it, put the accelerator to the floor. I find this isnt the best way to get maximum power out of the car as it seems to stutter a bit.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Oh, to all you careful drivers out there, NO i aint a boy racer and YES only do this on open clear roads!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

to be honest mate.. i either dive like miss daisy or like man posessed and use the turbo fully (i.e foot to the floor) as i only use it when i want a kick..

Most of the time i change at 3K... as i dont see the point in wasting fuel if you aint really pushing the car and you cant really push the car in many places..

The Rev 3 boost stays at full to red line... but i never go into the redline as i like to look after my car.. :P

At the end of the day, the important thing to remember whilst driving is to use the steering wheel, foot pedals, and gearstick. Without these your car is just a stationary home on wheels <_<

* Craig's tip of the day was brought to you in association with Castrol and work related boredom.

to be honest mate.. i either dive like miss daisy or like man posessed and use the turbo fully (i.e foot to the floor) as i only use it when i want a kick..

Most of the time i change at 3K... as i dont see the point in wasting fuel if you aint really pushing the car and you cant really push the car in many places..

same here B)

...like I stole it...
:thumbsup:

2nd that...!

although not all the time..... :P

...like I stole it...
:thumbsup:

2nd that...!

although not all the time..... :P

bahh... nowt special about that round here bro!!... :lol:

i boot it to the red, think running higher boost and a very, very free flowing exhaust it doesn't run out of puff like people say they do at 6000rpm, mine feels faster and faster right to the red, RSM tends to tell me when i've been having fun that 7450rpm isn't rare.

Short shift kit also means it doesn't fall off boost through the gears. :)

p.s. do agree tho if roads are busy and fast isn't an option then 3000rpm, 0% boost, never WOT

A start usually is about 3k rpm and then I feed out the clutch and in with the power .. then 6k is about the max revs before changes ..

I also tend to do a lot of engine braking ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links