Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Curios

pcolvin00

I am after the exact date my rolla was manufactred hope that my VIN will help me find out. { JT164AEA107022807 } And what chassis code and all the kind important info that I require for modding. Just want to know as it will prob affect the mods that I want to get. And I'm not so sure about what I've been told about my car.

All I know is that it is a Corolla 1.6 16V 4-AFE Executive Liftback and that it is supposedly a 1993.

Also I would like to know what mods (and where) people have got for this model as well so that I can maybe follow in your experienced footsteps, this is my first car and I want to just pep it up a bit ;-)

Go to any Toyota Dealer and ask the parts department to put the number in there computer/CD rom and it will give the year and month it was manufacturered.

Failing that if I remember this evening I will put this number into my own Toyota CD UK parts list (which I have 'aquired'...loads of people have got these nowadays) and see what comes up if you wish.

I put the chassis numbers in for my Toyotas and found out that the one had been manufacted 6 months before it was registered!

Cheers mate, that would be a great help to me, might just pop into my local dealership as well just to see what they say as well. :)

Hello again,

I had a look on my Toyota CD set and I can give you the following information (be interested to see what Toyota Dealership say, plus it will probabley be more precise than what information I give).

Your car is a 1993 (Built in March of that year although i'm sure your reg. document will show a 'date of registration' being later) model, with the classification AE101 (AE101 is the model code run, e.g. AE82 was about 1983-1987, AE92 was 1987-1992, AE86 was RWD version from about 1982 -1988, AE101 was 1992-1997). The next bit of info is the model of car, you say it is an 'Executive' yet according to the records if it is a RHD car it will be a 'GLi' and if it is a LHD car it could be a 'XLi'. Personally I only thought there was an 'Executive' for the AE92 - 1987 to 1992 model run; in Britain at least.

Hope this info is of use.

I'm only going by what I can see written on the car, It's got Executive written as a Badge on the boot door. Will have a look in the log book for more info about it. Haven't really had a chance to yet. I just let my garage worry about it all. Thanx for your info so far. Will try to get to my dealer sometime soon.

PCOLVIN00

Perhaps you could provide me with some info.

Quite simply do you have an annual M.O.T requirement (or equivalent) on the Isle of Man?

The important part is that you have an AE101 at all (model run being E10, consisting of AE100-AE109, CE100-CE109, EE100-EE109, and so forth). Your best bet for good power would be an engine swap, either a 4A-GE 20-valve (in early 160 bhp silvertop or later 165 bhp blacktop form) or a superchaged 4A-GZE (170 bhp in AE101 form, and loads of torque), both from AE101 models (yes, the blacktop could be had in an AE101). Suspension-wise, if it will fit a Levin, it will fit yours (same goes for the E11 models, though front sway bars differ on E11 facelift)... I'll elaborate more on this later if you like, but I have to get going for now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links