Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water From Exhaust

Rash@R.A.Motors

Hi Peeps,

Just a quick question for ya....! Now how many of your MR2's pass water through the exhaust? a bit or a lot..?

Reason I ask is I went to see a REV3 yesterday and the chap started it up from cold and after about 3 mins idling their was quite a puddle behind each exit of the tailpipes... And quite a bit in the exhausts as well - when i revved it - it was spitting out water.........Oh and it was decatted and had a 3" tailpipe on either side....

Good sign or Bad - What are your thoughts.....?

Rash.

depends .. on cold mornings mine is a beast for water and steam ..

but the engine is sound ..

mine spits out a little water i have twin 5 inch exhausts but mine engine seems fine there isn't nothting in the oil cap and its boosts fine :D

Was going to mention condensation on cold start up. Also, the exhaust gases cool along the cold exhaust system whilst warming up and the end result is a bit of water dripping out. Most cases I dont think its a worry

Alex

When fuel is burnt in the engine a lot of the hydrogen combines with oxygen to produce water. The american army is doing trials on a system to seperate water for drinking from vehicle exhausts. They are getting about 1 gallon of water for every two gallons of fuel (no bugger will drink it tho lol).

It's a good idea never to start your car to move it a few feet as the condensate is very acidic and will eat through your exhaust. If you do want to put your two in the garage you should drive it around until warm then put it away. When the exhaust is warm the water can't condense in it. What better excuse for a drive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links