Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changine The Wing Mirror - Mirror/glass

ZeroBlade

Mid last week some t**t smacked my wing mirror in smashed on it. Typical aint it, the one time i don't bother to fold it in!...

The wing mirror itself it fine and still works but the actual mirror was broken so irang Halfords to get a replacment, at a m8's reccomendation, but they didnt do one for hte mr2, and said i'd have to wait five days for a cutom one, couldnt be bothered waiting, so i ended up gettin a wing mirror for £47 (inc. p+p) with glass etc.

Now my question is how do i transplant the glass bit from wing mirror to wing mirror.

Can that bit just be pulled / prised out or do i have to take the whole thing apart?

From experince im not gonna try incase it isnt a pull out jobby & i snap something.

Anyone know how its does? matt, ben?...

cheers lads (and or lasses ;))!

-Z

on older toyotas there was a hole in the bottom of the mirror housing if you insert a phillips screwdriver and loosen the screw you can then gently lever the mirror and its backing away from the housing,now comes the hard bit.you have to press the new mirror onto the ball and socket without breaking the glass, I always used a plastic spreader (of the body filler variety) it goes on with a bit of a click.as I say this was how you changed mirrors on toyota's when I worked for them(only up to '88)and its too dark now to look on my car but I will check in the daylight.Hope this helps

Nice one m8, thanks for that!

I think you may be right cos there are a couple of screws on the bottom, well hard to get off by hand, nearly shredded my palms to bits tryin to turn the screwdriver!

Looks like ima have to leave it for a couple of weeks til I can go home and use the power tools!!

thnx again pal, :thumbsup:

-Z

not the screws on the bottom of the housing the screw you need is on the ball and socket about 3cm inside the mirror ,you will probs need a torch ,good luck

not the screws on the bottom of the housing the screw you need is on the ball and socket about 3cm inside the mirror ,you will probs need a torch ,good luck

damn, i hate them "hard to get to" type of screws, lol

thanks for clearing that up pal.

:D

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links