Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Colourcode Bumpers, Spoiler And Handles?

corollags

Guys, Im wondering weather or not to have all the black bits (apart from the bump strips) on my car sprayed the same colour as the paintwork.

Whats your opinions on this?

So far my best quote to do this is around £170. Wotcha think?

Also, I rolled my arches on the weekend but the paint where the arch is rolled has cracked. I have been told it will be £80 to get these bits sprayed in. Is this a good quote in your opinion? Im abit p***ed off as I thought doing the whole arch rolling job would have been less than this is I had someone to do it! :censor:

Ad

in all honestly i wouldnt get the bumpers smoothed, although i would remove ur rubstrips, as i did mine and it looked loads better.

the standar bumbers look kinda sh** really so i'd save and get aftermarket stuff. soemthing like the bumper from the facelift e11 corolla would look quite nice

ed

My choice would be to leave it. If you think all the areas that a 'Black' plastic or rubber areas are areas that can get knocked. i.e bumper edge, rub strips and wing mirrors.

The G6's had colour coding from new and after a couple of years there bumpers looked very taty.

The same problem plaged AE92 GTi's, in Britain the Red, Sliver or white were fully colour coded and soon rub marks/chip marks appeared on the bumpers from everyday use.

Also in some case's aftermarket colour coding can make the plastic more britle (an example of this was with the BL/ROVER Montegos a few years back).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links