Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car.. Vandalised..

wlsmith

Yesterday, whilst i was driving along, this Silver Corsa started following me, and it was really tailgating me, and i realised this so i sped up, however i came to some traffic lights and they were red, so i had to stop, this corsa pulled up beside me and blocked off my car from moving forward or going to the side, they had me completely boxed in as i was sitting in traffic, i was in the car with 4 friends, 3 girls and a mate of mine, these lads got out of the corsa, and tried to open the doors of my car, however i had them locked as this is an auto feature in a merc when you drive off, knowing they couldnt get in they started to shout and me saying open the doors you b*stard, of course i didnt open the doors, so they then started punching the windows trying to break them, that having failed they started kicking the windows, proper booting them however the windows didnt break, then one of them started kicking in my mirror on the drivers side and shattered it, and then he went round the front of my car and bent a windscreen wiper and ripped off my mercedes Badge and threw it at the windscreen and was threatening me and the people in my car saying he was going to kill us all, however some other motorists got out of there cars to aid us and the lads eventually got in there car and drove off, i was really shaken up by the whole incident, i was shaking for at least an hour after it happened and all the other people in the car were extremely frightened as well.. however the car is going to be repaired tomorrow, i am not going through insurance though as it will cost too much, as i have to pay an excess of something like £300 and the damages arent that much i do not think so i will have to pay for the repairs out of my own money...

Rubbed some1 up the wrong way mate? Always catches up on u! :(

:ffs: What do you do about that sort of scum? (apart from neutering them...)

All I can say is that you have my sympathies and I'm glad that you're alright. At least other people came to help and didn't just drive off though.

This sort of thing just shouldn't happen...

A

This is where I think the flamer kits that they fit to some cars in south africa would be cool over here some scum bag trys to open your car door and you burn his legs off sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Hoep you get it all sorted mate some people are real scum :ffs:

i think.. they were trying to steal the car or something, but they couldnt get in

i think.. they were trying to steal the car or something, but they couldnt get in

Why would they try and steal a locked car with 5 people inside?

Did you get the numberplate?

Did you go to the police?

yes.. i went to the police, and they said "its a waste of our time we have more important things to do"

People do steal cars this way now.

They sound like real amateurs though if that was their motive because most car theft now involves guns.

Just the other day a Subaru STi was followed back to its address near here and the criminals knocked on the guys door, and asked for his car keys whilst having a gun pointed at him.... what are you supposed to do?

These lads weren't wearing imitation burberry/fred perry and obligatory baseball caps by any chance were they?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune m8, no one should have that happen to them. Hard as it may be try not to let it worry you - I doubt it'll ever happen again.

Sam

yes.. i went to the police, and they said "its a waste of our time we have more important things to do"

i visit brighton 3/4 times a year and ive friends and family down there..

Never have i heard of anything like this before during the many times im there nor whitnessed it...

i was in hertfordshire, watford visiting friends, thats where it happened.. they were wearing hoodies and tracksuits.. yes

I'm finding it hard to believe they would say that to you :huh:

(Imo)

I know how you feel, been in a similar situation but with about 15 people, they were really dumb, my windows were 1/2 way down(didnt have e/windows) and they still couldnt open the door, I was parked up at the time, the guy said I tryed to run him over(which wasnt true). in the end I had to force my way out. I should of taken pic of the car, I couldnt even open the door myself because of the damage they have done. I know where the guy live but I need to make my move when he is not home.

the police woundnt even take finger prints eventhough they are all over the door handle

Sorry to hear this has happened to you mate. It sounds to me that they took offence to you for some reason. If you say you didn't cut them up or give them the bird then we will have to believe you and these were mindless idiots who need to pick on the wrong people one day.

If you did rub them up the wrong way somehow then more fool you but you should still not be submitted to that sort of behaviour.

As far as them trying to steal your car mate I just can't see that although carjacking is unfortunately getting more common it is not usually a bunch of Chavs in a Corsa but organised and "profesional" criminals blending in with day to day traffic.

I also can't believe that the Police would have given you that sort of attitude.

Anyway, unlucky mate and hope it doesn't cost you too much.

And vmail :eek: tread carefully!!

thats bad luck mate, heard a lot about this car jacking business, Apparently Seat Leon Cupra R's are very popular along with Golf R32's, Imprezas and Evos. Keep an eye on your keys too as breaking into your house for the keys is also a sure fire way to get round an expensive highly secure car like your merc.

Reminds me of last year when some lads in a corrola GTI which had no number plates front or rear pulled up and tried to jack my brothers Golf (hes got a H reg show standard GTI) It was crazy as they hoods on and one had some pliers and another had a stump of wood :unsure: My brother had the nerve to boot it and run the red lights whilst one of them was virtually sitting on the bonnet! Stupidy the old corrola was quicker than expected so they kept up with us for a fair few miles before they give up :o Nasty business, no ones safe these days. it doesnt pay to have a nice car.

and then he went round the front of my car and bent a windscreen wiper and ripped off my mercedes badge and threw it at the windscreen and was threatening me and the people in my car saying he was going to kill us all,

I would have no hesitation at this point to run them over/pin them to what ever is in front of you.

A reaction to a death threat means him or me, guess who walks away?

God help anyone who tries that with me!

I WILL RUN YOU OVER (using reasonable force of course!)

:thumbsup:

still VoR made a valid point, if ya ran the gits over then it would technically be self defence right?

-Z

still VoR made a valid point, if ya ran the gits over then it would technically be self defence right?

Hmm, i wouldn't like to test the theory :huh:

hmmm...

it does seem a little strange you would sit there while these people attacked your car...

and as said above, carjacking a full car seems a little strange, i mean e-class's arnt exactly top of the 'jack' list, and are plentiful (and driven by a lot of old folk) for them to pick a 'softer' target.

and i find it very hard to believe that was the polices response... so excuse my if i think there is a bad smell coming from this thread..

carry a guat gun in your car dude, with darts or pellets!! i would if that ever happened to me!! one shot on bare skin and they wont wana come for you!

it HURTS alot!! but doesnt puncture skin! although a dart would!

so i recommend pellets!

carry a guat gun in your car dude, with darts or pellets!! i would if that ever happened to me!! one shot on bare skin and they wont wana come for you!

it HURTS alot!! but doesnt puncture skin! although a dart would!

so i recommend pellets!

Methinks the police would come down on you like a ton of bricks. It might only be a Gat gun but they could (probably would) class it as an immitation firearm. Dont be so daft.

If burglars getting shot counts as murder or manslaughter, you've gotta think that any injury to a potential car thief would end up as assault on your records and nothing for the 'innocent bloke' you attacked.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links