Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner - Where Is The Spare Tyre?

happyheather

Hi there

I know this is going to sound very dumb, but I just bought my Yaris last night, and I dont know where the spare tyre is, can anyone help?

It is a Y reg 5 door, 1L Yaris GS.

Heather :wacko:

Im not suprise you cant find it, it's soo small..!Removed! spacesavers :(

But yeah, in the boot, under the carpet mate :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to the club :D :thumbsup:

congrats on your purchase...you'll love the car no doubt!

and you'll find this bunch of ppl to be quite helpful too ;) :thumbsup:

lift carpet up in boot, then lift the black plastic cover up which has the tools in it!, voila theres your spare wheel, and it has a white cap screwed on to keep in place ;)

Stop calling the trunk a boot! :!Removed!:

I thought u all english-(wo)men! :P

The 'trunk' is a 'boot'..

And we are not all English.. Some Welsh, Irish and Scott's on here too :thumbsup:

trunk is what you find attached to elephants.

Regarding the white "nut" that holds ya spare tire in place...in the boot..! ensure it's nice and tight...other wise it will move about and you'll be wondering where the banging is coming from!

Vipes

Thanks for all the welcomes and all the helpful hints and info.

As for the tools, I didnt know the yaris had tools fitted into the boot, ill need to investigate. what a lovely idea, I hope they are there.

Fingers crossed

xx

They don’t have tools in the boot, well, not on the UK ones at least, they should but they don’t.

Don’t start me off! :ffs:

I think by tools it's meant a jack designed for the car...and lug nut wrench.

All cars will have these ( unless someone's removed them) the Jack's are specific to the car. Not much point in providing a spare if they don't provide means of swapping it out...

However...only use the Yaris jack in emegencies...it's pap...and your car will blow off it in a gust of wind. Get a nice 3-ton hydraulic jobbie..not expensive and much better.

Vipes

AAAApparently.. the Yaris comes with two spanners, screwdriver, pliers and the usual wrench and jack.. (phot posted somewhere on here last week)

If you look at your plastic hold-all thingy, you'll see that the spaces are there for them.. but the tools are probably not :(

its a fact that yaris's dont have a spare wheel. but in the case that you might be unfortunate enough to have a flat tyre theres a spare bycycle tire under the boot carpet :) lol

grin! aye. Besides....suffer the embarresment of driving around at 20mph with that bright yellow excuse of a wheel on....or walk 200 miles home...I'd walk.

I've actually ( very sad) just checked my spare wheel compartment...and aye...there are spaces that look like they'd take a screwdriver and a few spanners!

Where's my tools...!

Vipes

i struggle to see my tool sometimes. in fact ive not even seen it for a few years. or my feet. erm sorry. yes i want tools too and i did 80 on the m6 with mine on :) stupid yes.

grin! aye. Besides....suffer the embarresment of driving around at 20mph with that bright yellow excuse of a wheel  on....or walk 200 miles home...I'd walk.

I've actually ( very sad) just checked my spare wheel compartment...and aye...there are  spaces that look like they'd take a screwdriver and a few spanners!

Where's my tools...!

Vipes

My spacesaver wheel/tyre is black like the rest of the wheels......but it does have a small yellow sticker on it with a maximum permitted speed. (NOT 80m.p.h.)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links