Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Rev3 Tubby Need Advice

Simarshy

Hi guys,

After a couple of weeks wait i'm hopfully going to pick up a 94 Rev3 mr2 turbo at the weekend (put a deposit down to have the cambelt changed and couple of little things done before I brought).

I've done a fair amount of research, read various buyers guides and such, however its a hard thing handing over the final payment so was wondering if you guys can think of any last minute must checks I should do.

I'm buying the car from Park Lane Cars in Stoke wonder if anyone has had any experiences with them?

Ohhh also what is the normally running tempreture of the car, don't want to buy another car which overheats :( .

Cheers

Si

Ohhh also what is the normally running tempreture of the car, don't want to buy another car which overheats :( .

Cheers

Si

Im not sure on the numbers BUT it shouldn't go any higher than the half way mark on the gauge....when sitting idling or driving...well mine never has anyway :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

mr2s (and generally most toyotas) have very cooling systems. You wont find the temperature needle crawling past halfway when youre stuck in traffic a la Audis for example.

Most important thing is to go for a drive in it so you can get a rough feeling for the condition of the turbocharger...Gernally speaking, it should give a hard kick up the butt :D anything else then walk away...

Thanks for the response guys.

Did test drive it a couple of weeks ago, and you can sure tell when the turbo comes in hehe. Shame where I tested it was mainly 30-40 zones with a small derestricted bit, so no place to really accelerate hard for long, dying to know how well the car pulls in third, as first and second we're quite fierce.

The car itself felt really well balanced, making 30 mph seem like 5. How you lot keep your license is beyond me!

I was amazing how solid the car felt I mean being 10 years old, I would have expected the odd creak or two, but nothing, couldn't even find a dent on the body work, and the interior still has that really thick carpet you only get in new cars.

Well should be fun driving experience being my first rear wheel (never mind mid engined) car, going to try and be careful in the wet lol, think I might try and find one of those sKid pad things help learn to control the car if it breaks loss.

Oh yer do people know if LSD was standard on Rev3 + cars?, I’ve read a couple of contradicting posts :blink:

Oh yer do people know if LSD was standard on Rev3 + cars?, I’ve read a couple of contradicting posts :blink:

It's an OPTION however most have it.....Iv'e never seen one in real life that doesn't have one but have talked to a few peops who say there's doesn't :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links