Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Searching For Boost

GT-Four NZ

Hey

I will be gettin my ST185 back in two weeks with a fresh engine and some forged pistons to boot and after I have run it in I am raising the boost to 12 psi. The stock turbo should handle that. Next mod is a front mount i/c and the boost goes up to 17 psi or so. Just wondering if the CT-26 has the legs to go that high.. it seems to trail away as it is or could this be the wastgate bleeding boost? My turbo was rebuilt less than 12 months ago so its in good nick. If it isnt goin to cut it what turbos do people use or are there any decent compressor wheels available for the CT-26?? Anything else to consider??

Hey

I will be gettin my ST185 back in two weeks with a fresh engine and some forged pistons to boot and after I have run it in I am raising the boost to 12 psi. The stock turbo should handle that. Next mod is a front mount i/c and the boost goes up to 17 psi or so. Just wondering if the CT-26 has the legs to go that high.. it seems to trail away as it is or could this be the wastgate bleeding boost? My turbo was rebuilt less than 12 months ago so its in good nick. If it isnt goin to cut it what turbos do people use or are there any decent compressor wheels available for the CT-26?? Anything else to consider??

Your gonna get different opinions on this one....over in the US most say an upgraded CT26 isn't even comparable to a STOCk CT20B and most of there proven dyno charts etc prove that......however in the UK Iv'e noticed there seems to be a fair few who would say otherwise, and a few that are making good figures (Best Iv'e seen to date) off CT26's.

There have been a few post's here in the MR2 area addressing the CT26 "vs" CT20B:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=24184&hl=ct20b

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=23895&hl=ct20b

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=13368&hl=ct20b

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=9032&hl=ct20b

There just a few :)

Another "common" thing that Iv'e noticed in the UK is upgrading of the CT20B which seems resonably common yet almost never heard of here in NZ. I spoke briefly with NZ's "guru" Steve Murch who HAS done a couple of CT20B upgrades but ONLY on the Caldina GT-T 20B which has some minor differences to the earlier MR2/GT-4 ones. One intresting comment he made was with regards to the "upgrades" fensport do to the CT20B where they say they put in a 360 kit in the CT20B when it has that standard <_<

Anyway in STANDARD trim I PERSONALLY would only run 15-16 psi MAX through one even with your intercoler upgrade etc they just can't flow enough and just get really hot. You won't see any change from $650 for a STANDARD CT20B here in NZ assuming you can find one (I might know of one) but those running them in place of the CT26 seem to be consistantly praising them even in stock trim. Personally I noticed a difference between my modded type II mr2 (13 psi ct26) vs my stock type III (13 psi stock boost) and MANY people including myself put an easy 17 psi through a CT20B without worry. You should be able to sell your CT26 for a bit and get a CT20B....In your shoes i would :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

it seems to trail away as it is or could this be the wastgate bleeding boost?

That is a common trait of the CT26....always drop off in the higer rev range where as the CT20B pulls hard all the way to red line :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Cheers Kiwi

Y'know I had this post in the performance and celica forums and do you think that anyone replies?? All interested in sports pedals and ricey bits!!

Cheers looks like that CT20b is the go... do they spool up as fast as the CT26?? cos i hit boost around 2500rpm which is kinda early. How much is a CT26 with 10km on it worth? $450???

Cheers Kiwi

Y'know I had this post in the performance and celica forums and do you think that anyone replies?? All interested in sports pedals and ricey bits!!

Cheers looks like that CT20b is the go... do they spool up as fast as the CT26?? cos i hit boost around 2500rpm which is kinda early. How much is a CT26 with 10km on it worth? $450???

AFAIA the CT20B comes on boost around the same time as the CT26 :)

Dunno about $450.......actually Im not really sure, might pay to jump on toyspeed and see what there going for to get a rough price. I'll hit up my man and see if he still has a CT20B for sale :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links