Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo In Yaris

jrampton

The stereo in our yaris is a bit pants really, its an in dash CD player.

What i want to know is how can i wire in 2 rear Speakers ? and upgrade the stereo without ripping the dash apart, bearing in mind the controls are at the top of the dash and i don't want to loose functionality i would like to still control the volume from the pressent volume control etc.

i'm thinking keep the 4 fronts but replace the actual Speakers, wire in 2 in the rear shelf and pos 2 in the rear doors (5door) but not nessesary as the 2 rears should be enough.

If i start modding the interior too much the wife will go mad she is already quizing me about were the wires will go etc.

anyone got any bright idea's ?

to get to in dash cd player you will have to take dash apart, but its well easy mate!

look in the how to section!

then when you have access to the back of the cd player, all you do is find out what colour wires are used for the front of the Speakers, located these going into the back of the cd player, splice them and attach the rear speaker wires to them and voila!

;)

check how to threads in yaris section! or read on il give you a quick how to now!

====================================================

First of all you will need to remove the top part of the dash slightly in order to get the bottom part of the dash out to gain access to the back of the cd player

1) remove the 3 knobs on upper dash (heater, etc) just pull them out, dont worry you wont break them as they arent stuck on in any special way.

2) under the left and right knobs there is a screw each, so undo these

3) grab hold of the sides of the dash and yank outwards (again, dont worry you will not break anything).

The top part of the dash should be loose, but doesnt come out all the way, thats good :thumbsup: Also ensure the white frame behind upper dash is loose too, so look underneath and see if you can move it about, if not, just press the clips either side and voila.

To get bottom part of dash, lift the upper dash and white frame up slightly so you can see the top of the bottom dash.

4) there should be two screws either side as you look in when the upper dash is lifted up, unscrew them

5) take the cig lighter out and ash tray! ash tray comes out by pulling out until it doesnt extend anymore, push down and metal bit and pull out.

6) look into the bit where the ash tray was, and there should be two screws either side, undo these.

7) grab both sides of the lower dash and yank out (again, you wont break anything) this part of the dash should pull out all the way (if it seems to be stuck, lift the white frame up behind the upper dash, as this will block it if not lifted up), to enable you to place the dash part of the cd player facing down towards the floor, so you can see the rear end of cd player where all wires are going in.

To wire Speakers all you simply need to do is splice the wires of the dash Speakers and connect your rear speakers upto them.

The front right wires are:

light green = positive

blue = negative

The front left wires are:

pink = positive

purple = negative

You should be able to locate these wires easily. There should be 3 plugs going into the back of your cd player. Its the middle plug which deals with the speakers, so look for the above wires in that middle plug, splice them, connect your new rear speakers upto them, make sure attached securely, then tape round and go back over the steps to put dash back in!

VOILA!

sounds scary and a hell of a pain, but its quite easy! so do attempt it yourself, as i believe with these instructions anyone can do it!

cheers

breezer ;)

bare in mind you would have to use the new hedadunist volume control, the top dash of the dash will be useless regarding the stereo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links