Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chipped

jdbecks

getting an n/a chipped or remapped...how much perfomance would i relisticaly be getting out of a rev4 n/a?

has any one delt with superchips? or know of another good company?

Had my old REV 2 1992 GT Turbo Superchipped by Superchips themselves, did make a good increase in power through the mid-range.

I was told that chipping a MR2 Turbo or N/A is not the best way to go. Its best to have a Japanese ECU replacement etc etc.. I could be wrong though as I'm no expert in remapping, chipping or up-grading ECU systems, but I know there are a few members on this site will probably know more.

I would like to find out myself as I'm waiting delivery on a REV 4 GTS Turbo and would like to know whats the best way to increase power without using a huge budget. :D

Dastek Unichip is the one you want.

You get a custom map specific to your car that will take into account your mods - not a generic chip with a non custom map like a superchip.

Around 450-500 including rolling road set up and a nice graph to show where your money went.

You can also have other options such as launch control, top speed delimit and removal of fuel cut.

Can also get a couple of maps set with a switch inside cabin if you want to pay for it.

The end results will depend on the mapper - Dastek are based in Fife (Scotland) and have an ex toyota (race?) tuner so maybe go there if you can. They normally have a near 2month waiting list though - longer for a weekend.

I think Jimlad got his done there.

yeah jim & pizzaboy got theirs done for £500 up in scotland. and the mapper there is the daddy so to speak!

bloomin heck didnt notice that was you snake!

i was lookin at the avatar and htinking who's this fella nicking a pic of snake's car :P

hehe

-Z

yip... Jerry at Dastek in Fife is the daddy of mappers... best of the best.

About £500 ish including mapping.

For a n/a rev4 you could be looking at about 200bhp with a unichip. I would advise unichip over a superchip as the unichip is mappable where the superchip is not.

To date I havn't seen any real reason yet to go for a complete aftermarket ECU as opposed to the unichip. The unichip will be able to handle everything I have planned for the car in the future.

yeah jim & pizzaboy got theirs done for £500 up in scotland. and the mapper there is the daddy so to speak!

bloomin heck didnt notice that was you snake!

i was lookin at the avatar and htinking who's this fella nicking a pic of snake's car :P

hehe

-Z

Aye tis me mate! :thumbsup:

Hows things buddy?

yip... Jerry at Dastek in Fife is the daddy of mappers... best of the best.

About £500 ish including mapping.

For a n/a rev4 you could be looking at about 200bhp with a unichip. I would advise unichip over a superchip as the unichip is mappable where the superchip is not.

To date I havn't seen any real reason yet to go for a complete aftermarket ECU as opposed to the unichip. The unichip will be able to handle everything I have planned for the car in the future.

Hmmmm Id love the results but TBH I want to get an Apexi power intake kit and a Playstation Portable (PSP) imported from Japan in December which will pretty much use up my spare cash for a bit.

not bad at all fella! just the usual working, going out, lack of sleep, working, going out, lack of sleep...

but i'm back home on ToC where i belong :bookworm:

how come the namechange?

-Z

Depends on HOW MUCH power your wanna make.....I can give plenty of reasons if you wanna go for decent power.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

not bad at all fella! just the usual working, going out, lack of sleep, working, going out, lack of sleep...

but i'm back home on ToC where i belong :bookworm:

how come the namechange?

-Z

Well you know how sometimes you sign up to a forum in a rush?

Well thats what i did over a year ago and never liked the username, so, decided it might be a little better to have my real name in there :yes:

lol, can't say i do that, cos i just use the same name for everything, heh.

That's cool then, thought there might have been an ulterior motive behind it :sadam:

Besides i wouldnt wanna do that cos i'd lose my psot count :eek:

(which reminds me... gotta catch back up to the others, damn!)

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links