Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Guys.

G200

Hey guys i'm new to the whole mr2 thing. I bought a 1993 gt-tbar on friday and the thing was absolutely mint. I got a folder full of reciepts from when the car was born and a full toyota service history. There is not a scratch on it and it is totally standard, so the question is without messing up the sleek lines what can i do to improve on perfection. Any advice guys would be much appreciated. Cheers :D :thumbsup:

hello and welcome :D

best mods for you to start with would be a performance exhaust, decat, and induction kit..

beyond that, your looking at ECU replacement etc... that will make the most out of your car without too much expense.

However, were heading for winter, so my advice is make sure you have a decent set of rubber on the wheels!

Thanks fidgits for the quick reply. I have the rubber sorted the car came with brand new michellin pilots all round so i'm very happy. As with the parts you have mentioned does the toyota owners club have anyone that supplies goods only for MR2's??? When i had a 200 sx we apex performance. Is their anything like this.

Welcome mate... hope you're having fun with your new motor... sensibly of course *cough*. ;)

for mods to get more power have a look at my garage section mate. Beyond this, you're looking at internals and a larger turbo.

for mods to get more power have a look at my garage section mate. Beyond this, you're looking at internals and a larger turbo.

... plus chargecooler, plus water injection, plus larger fuel injectors, plus higher flow fuel pump, plus fully mappable ECU, plus gearbox... ;) :P

yeah... lol....

plus 2.2 stroker kit....

was just giving hte chap an idea... lol. Didn't want to freak the bloke out!

Jesus... why a fully mappable ECU ?? I'm planning on everything you said but am gonna be sticking with the unichip.

Just gives you more flexibility for introducing anti-lag, water injection control, boost control through gears and so on and so forth.

A lot of piggy back units can do this stuff between them, but you can't beat a fully mappable ecu. I'll be going that way when the time is right!!!

Just gives you more flexibility for introducing anti-lag, water injection control, boost control through gears and so on and so forth.

A lot of piggy back units can do this stuff between them, but you can't beat a fully mappable ecu. I'll be going that way when the time is right!!!

I'll stick with the unichip until it cant do what I need it too... makes sense.

I'll stick with the unichip until it cant do what I need it too... makes sense.

Makes perfect sense mate.

Just thinking in advance when you get the engine work and stroker kit fitted etc.

It'd be better to look after the 600bhp!

reason being jim that you probably dont wanna run that much power all the time. It'l be cool to have a few preset's to switch between, you can have daily drive, motorway, race mode... etc. etc.!

-Z

Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully it'll all go plain sailing from here. What sort of power increases am i looking at getting if i do said mods bearing in mind the car is just 2.0 non-turbo?? :thumbsup:

Dastec seams to be very popular and reliable.

It can be remapped to suit any changes you make to the car and is around 450 to 500 including a rolling road setup :thumbsup:

There's also the Greddy E-manage which apparently can do the same job for about half the price of the Unichip (not sure if anyone on here has one to confirm this though :huh: )

Any type of ECU that anyone would recommend??

Motec ;) you got big pockets?? :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Thanks for all the replies guys i'm going to have to get the power sorted now.

I just like to say that it is great the way i've been made feel welcome. I like that in an owners club.

Can anyone tell me how i join the club??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links