Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water! Water! Water! Where The Hell Is It!

gtech

Real puzzler here.

Fill up the cooling system as per recommended method (expansion tank to level).

Run the car for maybe 20 mins, all pipes get really hot, although the pipe on the drivers side of engine bay takes ages to get hot (Thermostat pipe). After approx 20 mins you can feel the pipes and they are definately harder - so systems pressurised.

Visual look "In - Out - Under - On top", I looked EVERYWHERE there is a pipe or connector and there is NO LEAK, nice garage floor DRY confirms this.

No slush or any sign of water contamination in oil.

Let the car cool right down (40 mins maybe) go back and I need to put in approx 1/2 to 3/4 pint water.

Its been like this every damm day, 5 miles to work and I need to top up with a pint.

Really stumped as to where is going.???? any ideas????

Thanks

air bubbles mate .. I had my car overheat onle .. ended up with about 7 litres of coolant going in over 4 hours ..

My missus car is the same. She has a Citroen AX GT, but there's a small bleed valve towards the back of the engine bay that you release to let the water in.

Bibbs, does the 2 have something like that? I know it's a !Removed! of a cooling system to refill.

Def dont seem to be any air bubbles, anyway it has me so hacked off that on Friday I am gonna replace:

Thermostat

Sender Unit

Toyota Forlife

Gonna take the Rad completly out and give it a good flush, same with the Heater Matrix and the rest of the cooling system, bet there's years of crud just sat in there !Removed! with the system.

Graeme

i like the idea of cleaning out hte cooling system!

If it goes well you can do mine too :P

hehe

take your time and don't rush it bud!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links