Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Lights Problem

artist

Hello all

new here nice forum nice board :eek:

ok i have a yaris 1.0 Grey silver color year 2003 :blink:

2 problems :ph34r:

1) SOmething is wrong with my rear lights.

When i reverse the Right hand Reverse light(white one) dont work. And when i put my rear fog lights on the Left Light dont work and when i reverse with the rear fog lights on.........Left hand light shows White and Right hand has the fog lights on

:rolleyes:

Ive tried everything changing fuse,changinglights i cant seem to understand thisproblem :(

2) When i reverse or put in 1st gear usually when i start the car andmaking a new journey is makes this horrible like screaching noise..only when i reverse all the time and occastionally when i move to first gear :crybaby:

any ideas :ffs:

there is only one fog ligh and one reverse light one is on each side so

1 light for reverse

1 light for rear fog

they should be on opposite sides

screaching sounds like a alternator belt or power steering if the yaris has it . :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome,

as knightrider said there is only one reverse light on the left hand side and one rear fog light on the right hand side.

As for the screaching noise, try, before you engage reverse, putting it in neutral and letting the clutch out, then put it in reverse (as like you would double-clutch).

Cheers, Yves.

Hi and welcome,

as knightrider said there is only one reverse light on the left hand side and one rear fog light on the right hand side.

As for the screaching noise, try, before you engage reverse, putting it in neutral and letting the clutch out, then put it in reverse (as like you would double-clutch).

Cheers, Yves.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies

so iim i understanding right then? its okey as it is then??? when u reverse only 1 light should come on as appose to 2? or im i misunderstanding :help:

ill try the suggeston for screaching noise :hokus-pokus:

so iim i understanding right then? its okey as it is then??? when u reverse only 1 light should come on as appose to 2? or im i misunderstanding  :help:

Yes, the lenses look similar both sides, but lights are only fitted to one side.

Cheers, Yves.

so iim i understanding right then? its okey as it is then??? when u reverse only 1 light should come on as appose to 2? or im i misunderstanding  :help:

Yes, the lenses look similar both sides, but lights are only fitted to one side.

Cheers, Yves.

Weird.......most other cars have reverse lights showing both sides ive never seen this before where only one light comes on for reverse light......

i can stop worrying then i guess..it got my stumped for past 5 monhts :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links