Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is A Mod?

supafly

Friend of mine had a GTi-6... drove too quick around a bend where some building work had been done and there was loads of gravel...

he sliced two lamposts off at the bottom, side-slammed another car and eventually stopped in (not at) a wall.

The insurance company agreed to payout the claim because of the building work that hadn't been properly cleared up.... BUT..... the police had to investigate... they found that he'd driven too fast and he had to pay a £500 fine, got 3 points on licence and had to go to a driver refresher course..... and.... then the insurance company checked (his now written off) car and found an undeclared intake kit and de-cat exhaust system... guess what.... no payout. He lost £7000 worth of car because he didn't declare the stuff.

So, dont drive without insurance, and dont drive too !Removed! fast!

Here endeth the lesson.

P.S (He now has a new 6, with all previous mods + more, has them all declared and guess what this time.... insurance only went up 2%)

The lesson has finally endeth!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• Matthew_McNally

• Fidgits

• supafly

Whoah, some heated opinions but let's see...

Seems to me that some people think that the only mods the insurance companies would be interested in are those that add to the performance. Others are saying that you should declare any mods.

The insurance people want to know anything that you do to your car. It really is that simple. Don't let em know and you've just given them a perfect excuse to not pay out if you do have to make a claim.

Most of the time, all it takes is a phone call and they add it to your car's spec at no cost. Remember though that anything that they consider will make your car more attractive to thieves will probably result in an increase in premium so a respray could cost you more for example.

Still daft not to tell them though.

Breezer: sorry to hear about your crash though mate.

i dont know why your all bickering

a mod is someone who wears a green parker jacket & rides a scooter :P :lol:

i dont know why your all bickering

a mod is someone who wears a green parker jacket & rides a scooter :P :lol:

I've still got my parker in the attic. Oh the days. :ph34r:

sooo whats the best insurance company? ;)

a bit of a stupid question yes. but which would be best without paying loads on top when i do mods?

Try Lifesure. They are a brokers and deal with Imports and mods etc.

I found thm very reasonable, sorry haven't got any contact details handy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links