Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Guide For Gt Twincam

superchared twincams

which one?

anyway, on all of them check for rust on/around:

all wheelarches (esp. rear on AE92)

sunroof panel

tailgate (below window)

sills

windscreen surround & pillars & leading edge of roof

base of windscreen & bulkhead (AE82)

seam where tailgate mounts (AE82)

check it doesn't jump out of 2nd or 5th gear

check rear calipers work

there's probs stuff ive forgot, but im sure ppl will fill u in on any specific questions

JT: Very good, have to agree, but ...didn't know tailgates rusted! Also my rear arches are fine/no rust ever but would have to say from own experiance that it's front wheel arches ...first bit of rust i've got is a 10p size bubble were arch is fixed to inner wing. :crybaby:

Plus....Check rear Shock absorber mountings up inside rear wing (Know of an AE82 that was scraped because of this)

Find a good one and you wont want to sell it!

JT: Very good, have to agree, but ...didn't know tailgates rusted! Also my rear arches are fine/no rust ever but would have to say from own experiance that it's front wheel arches ...first bit of rust i've got is a 10p size bubble were arch is fixed to inner wing. :crybaby:

If you want a couple of mint front arches mate, PM me!!

Dont forget the sills rot out at the back under the sideskirts!

If your on about AE82's, make sure all the wheel arch trims are there and in good nik! These are very expensive and there arnt that many left!

Big end bearings are common on not very well looked after engines!

As JT said make sure the box is ok, because the GT box is different to std Corolla AE80's! And also the rear calipers seize! These are stupid money but can be rebuilt or fensport do exchange units which have been rebuilt professionally!

If your looking for a real good AE82 pm me or email me, due to mine is up for sale again! Looking for £1000!

Here is the only pic ive got of her, but this condition is repeated all through out the car!

Picture_045.sized.jpg

does anyone know if the rear calipers for the AE82 and early spec AE86/AE92/MR2 are interchangeable? or were the rear brakes specific to the AE82, as if not it makes it a lot easier to get replacements, or refurbed units??

I no that my AE86 and my mates AW11(mr2) have the same calipers as my AE82 but cant be sure about late AE92's

I no that my AE86 and my mates AW11(mr2) have the same calipers as my AE82 but cant be sure about late AE92's

nice ride man sweet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links