Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import Number Plates

NEED4SPEED

What plates are available? Do you have to have it like a motorbike style plate on 2 lines one above the other at the front and rear, or within the same space could you have your letters and numbers all on one line - just slightly smaller? :unsure:

Funnily enough :lol: I have my new plates right in front of me so I will tell you my measurments. Well with my import I have standard at the front 20.5in x 4.5in.

and import size at the back (to fit my Celica anyway) 14in x 6.5 in.

on the back plate the letters and numbers are on two rows :thumbsup:

there are specific import sizes (jap and american are the same) you are allowed a slightly smaller font as a regular sized one would not fit!!!!!

nos_jpg.jpg

Rear jap sized plate :thumbsup:

I currently have a UK one at the front, as the jap shaped ones don't look great, I'm thinking about havinga UK format, but with the jap spec font size... technically that would be legal, as imports are allowed a reduced font size!!

If I can legally get away with reducing the size of the characters on the plate then I will probably have it all on one line. I picked up a website that do this and have attached a image of a example plate.

Import.jpg

:D

do a search for posts by me with the letters DVLA in, It'll have been a while back, but it's a link to the min specs of import plates ..

I'm thinking about havinga UK format, but with the jap spec font size... technically that would be legal, as imports are allowed a reduced font size!!

only if there isn't enough space for a full size plate. But if you use a UK size plate then the fonts should be UK spec size.

If I can legally get away with reducing the size of the characters on the plate then I will probably have it all on one line. I picked up a website that do this and have attached a image of a example plate.

Import.jpg

when you do find out exectly what is allowed... let us know.. as i want a smaller plate on the front as well!... :thumbsup:

Import.jpg

you cannot have the fonts on the same line on an import sized plate. It is not legal. I got stopped about 4 times for mine before I got it changed.

Beleive me as I looked into etc to make sure the police knew what they were actually talking about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links