Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ram Air Filter Element

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

I was just looking on fensports site and came across this. The Ram Air Filter Element. Now I'm Not sure if i want to get a induction kit on my car. So i thought that this would be a suitable up grade for the breathing department. Also fensport are using this on one of there stage 1 performance up grades and has got good proven power gains. What do you guys and girls think? Let me know :thumbsup:

ramelement.jpg

jerry!!

I think it's BETTER than just sticking a pod filter in there & better than the cheap oem style paper filters.......get it and then start hunting for a type III oem setup, will be a nice little upgrade :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I think it's BETTER than just sticking a pod filter in there & better than the cheap oem style paper filters.......get it and then start hunting for a type III oem setup, will be a nice little upgrade :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

So are you saying it's a worth while investment :thumbsup:

jerry!!

jerry! get on msn you bugger

I'm on buddy but where are you??

jerry!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

what you mean by OEM stup?

Im awaiting for a Apexi induction kit to arrive for my Rev 3 anyday now.. cant wait to hook it up! :D

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Im awaiting for a Apexi induction kit to arrive for my Rev 3 anyday now.. cant wait to hook it up! :D

So how much did you pay for you apexi fizz if you do mine me asking? I really not sure if i want a induction kit again???

jerry!!

So how much did you pay for you apexi fizz if you do mine me asking? I really not sure if i want a induction kit again???

jerry!!

£110 to my door.. but the supplier is looking at long waiting time for his next lot..

I have heard that the sound of the turbo spooling up is a lot louder with an induction kit!.. cant wait.. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

So are you saying it's a worth while investment :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Indeed I am :)

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer :) the factory setup.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer :) the factory setup.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

so whaen you say, start to search for a Type III OEM setup.. do you mean rev 3? :bye:

jerry!!

£110 to my door.. but the supplier is looking at long waiting time for his next lot..

I have heard that the sound of the turbo spooling up is a lot louder with an induction kit!.. cant wait.. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Hi fizz

That's true mate. I have heard the turbo spooling up on my mate's mr2 turbo. It does sound fantastic. It kinda sounds like a sucking sound and it gets louder and louder as the turbo spool's up more :thumbsup: You will love the sound mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

so whaen you say, start to search for a Type III OEM setup.. do you mean rev 3? :bye:

Yep :yes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

oh yes!!! :D B)

I have heard that the sound of the turbo spooling up is a lot louder with an induction kit!.. cant wait..  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

oh yes!!! :D B)

So it sounds better than a drop in ram air filter then ;)

jerry!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

you do realise he already has a Rev 3.. :rolleyes: :D

ive got a ram panel in mine jerry

doesnt seem to make much noise but prolly frees the air up a little

you do realise he already has a Rev 3..

Opps...no I didn't realise.

So it sounds better than a drop in ram air filter then

A pod will aound better......but without seperating it off from the rest of the engine bay you run the risk of sucking in a bunch of HOT air when your moving slow or not moving at all.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

So you where lucky. This was already on the car or did you buy this yourself??

jerry!!

I have an HKS foam & K&N one that you oil just sitting in a box ready to sell :P The HKS one was in my car when I brought it & I have held onto the K&N one since my 1st MR2.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Jerry, I have a Blitz induction kit on mine and it sounds fantastic. I've also moved the filter part of the unit down nearer the duct on the left hand side of the car so it doesn't suffer from heat soak as KiwiMR2 mentioned. It's pretty easy to do and the benefits are great.

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Yeah...just gotta find a balance with having it far enough away from the hot engine air closer to the side vent & not so close that it gets dirty really quickly & your cleaning it every 2 days :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hi Jerry

If I were you fella I would go for a CAI / Induction Kit, the noise will be very different to what you had with the Yaris!

The turbo noise shall over rule the induction noise and you will get a nice woooshhhh noice when you come off the power!

Nick

Im not really a huge fan of Honda's but Nick yours looks mint!! Good effort B)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

So you where lucky. This was already on the car or did you buy this yourself??

jerry!!

yes bud came with the car

i will be uprating to a lovelly apexi filter in future though soon!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links