Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crashed

breezer

lol! no mate! i dont believe it was the threads fault, just my fauly, the rain, and not paying attention!!

strange though about that thread :lol:

i need a whole new bonnet! the bar behind it strightened, possibly the radiator put back in place, a new left light, the bumper sprayed in an area and the bumper re attached at one side!

i can sort the bonnet out myself and the light, gona go to scrappy!

cheaper than through insurance!

Sorry 2 hear this mate but sayin that u must have been 2 close 2 the car in front, when u sit ur drivin test u must stay as far behind the car in front so u can drive round it if it brakes down, I doubt u were that far a way! :(

Really sorry to hear that Breezer, hope that you manage to get everything sorted O.K. :(

ah i aint too fussed!! shouldnt take too long to sort!

getting new bonnet&light ordered on monday, and will be ready to pick up on tuesday.

£60 ish for bonnet and £50 is for light! £60 approx to paint and god knows how much to repair the bar under bonnet where it lies on!

and god knows how much to repair the bar under bonnet where it lies on!

As much as buying a large rubber mallet :thumbsup:

lol :lol:

thats tha garages job then!! i have also crushed some metal thing which attachs to the front bumper, and the end of the light attachs to it :unsure:

even tho you say the other woman had no damage o n her car you should report the accident to them anyway - again its something in the policy that you have to do.

I know u arent for your repairs but she could still try and claim against you for damage on her motor even tho there didnt appear to be any.

I'd still inform them.... if you don't and the other woman down the road then raises it with hers.....and also claims for whiplash injuries say....well you'd be in a whole heap of poo.

You should always inform your insurers..and pass on the other parties details. you don't have to make a claim, as long as the work is done properly they will continue to insure you, and it won't be marked against you and won't affect your NCB.

That's the whole point of the excess. they know if you had..and were the cause of a prang....and it will take £50 to fix...then your not exactly going to make a claim..if your excess is £250. You can even pay for the cost of the repairs for the other parities motor too...but you should always get it in writing that they are 100% satisifed with the repairs...no need to involve the insurers at all...but they should always be kept in formed.

Saying that...I was in a similar situation...other parties fault...but there was no damage to my car at all. I still infomed my insurers..in the event they turn around and make a claim against me.

When it came to renewing my policy.... it shows I'd been at fault in an accident!!! well one phone call later..they sorted it..acknowleging that it was the other parities fault...but it still shows on my policy..that the cost was £2..... dunno what that's all about!!...but at the end of the day..I've covered my back....haven't lost and ncb..and never made a claim.

Give em the details....

Vipes

there was no damage done at all!! i didnt hit her full on! it was on the approach to a roundabout, all in a que one after the other!! i did not hit her with force, just slightly hit her!!

iv always said yaris bodywork is too soft <_<

I totally understand what your saying.

BUT!! say her mate runs into her now...or she reverses into a wall...or whatever...she thinks...hmmm that Brezzer fella hit me last week...and his car was damaged....lets say that fella caused the damage....oh..and lets say my neck is

now really painfull... etc etc.

There are people out there that do this kind of thing!

She will have informed her insurers....you won't have.... she will have described exactly what happened...you won't have......

you know it makes sense...

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links