Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator

TokeTillDeath420

I need to change the alternator in my 91 Turbo...

Anybody ever changed the alternator before??

Ive used mr2-tech.com and it tells you how... i already know how...

Anybody know how to get to it though??? :help:

Is it through the wheelwell... or from the bottom after removing tie rods?

Also its a 100 amp alternator.... right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you.

This was some months back nowl i was considering getting my alternator changed myself , until the car broke down in the garage where i was getting my powerflow exhaust fitted. Which means i had to have the exhaust fitted then towed out of the garage and into another garage to have the alternator fitted

:!Removed!: :crybaby::crybaby:

Damn... so nobody here has changed their own alternator :-( I would hate to pay a garage to do it... Changing an alternator is really easy... just never changed one in an MR2 before :-\ :ffs:

Changing an alternator is really easy... just never changed one in an MR2 before :-\  :ffs:

How do you know its easy if you havent done it before in an mr2 <_< :wacko:

I have changed the alternator myself...and its a fiddly job...

Basically u have 2 options...take all the casing from the bottom of the engine etc and do it that way...or like me...with a bit of brute force remove it from the top of the engine bay...all the nuts etc should be take out from underneath the car then the alternator comes out upwards...be warned though have patience as its a very tight squeeze and took us ages to find a way to get it out...its not too hard of a job and the hardest bit is getting the old one out the engine bay..the actual fitting of the part isnt hard...

Should take u a few hours...at most mainly due to the fiddlyness of it

I know its easy to change an alternator because i have changed them in other cars... they were on top of the engine though... :-\

Well today i will do my best... i have looked from the top looks near impossible thats what gave me the idea for the bottom... Thanks alot for some info though... hopefully all goes well... :P"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links