Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Backdisk Break Conversion On Rolla E11

qtv1

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2000 (W reg) Corrolla 1.4vvti GS hatchback. Is this what they call an E11?

I would like to improve the performance of the car. But the first thing i need to do is get rid of those ugly drum brakes on the bak that comes as standard. Does anyone know where i can go to get a back disc break conversion? If so, how much is it likely to cost?

Thanks everyone.

Q

Welcome to TOC! Yeah the 97 - 01 Corolla is the ae111 model. However, you drive the facelifted version like me. Not to sure where you could get the rear discs, however, I drive the facelifted 1.6 vvti SR and it has discs on the rear as standard, so you could perhaps source one for parts?

ross

Thanks very much for yuor reply.

I will try and phone around at scrap yards to see if i can find one. Out of interest have you done anything to your car? I want to mod mine so to increase its performance, but so hard to source parts for this model.

q

Ive not done anything to the engine. It is a very hard car to gets bits for. Cant even find an induction kit for it!

Maybe look into an engine transplant sometime in the future but its pricey! :crybaby:

Fensport does an induction kit for it, i bought it a year ago. It come with a metal moulded thing that attaches onto the computer thingy that monitors airflow. Sorry, dont know the technical terms :) Give fensport a ring.

I followed your suggestion, managed to locate a rear axle all the way in glasgow for £160. Getting it fitted onto the car this weekend. Looking forward to seeing those drums go for good! Hope there will be no hiccups in the installation, fingers crossed.

btw,

Sorry if im sounding like a newbie...what's the difference between SR and GS? Is it the trim?

Also Lexus lights are also available for our car now...get them at Halfords.

Also Lexus lights are also available for our car now...get them at halfords.

Hello there,

If buying 'Lexus style' lights a word of warning. Some versions have been very badly constructed/sealed and can let water/moisture in to there housing. Also the 'silvering' appears to flake away after about 6 months.

The above has I believe been raised by someone else on another thread.

I have not bothered with Lexus lights/ice lights myself but know of many a person who has and over half have had the problems I mention

Modifiying is to one's personal taste and if you do decide to get some question the outlet/retailer about quality and ask what is the guarantee on them etc.

Yeah its about the trim I think. Although my SR is a 1.6.

Good luck with the rear axle conversion! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links