Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lighting For 96 Corolla

SharkBait

Hello all,

My corolla seems to be having a couple of lighting issues.

first: the rear break lights not not seem to come fully on. There are 2 bulbs on the lower section of the tail lights. The outmost bulbs do not seem to work no matter if I have the lights on, the break applied or anything. I've looked at the bulbs themselves and they don't seem to be blown.

The rear window and the two inner break light blubs seem to work fine though.

second: The front console lighting seems to be dead too. I've taken the console's panel off and can not seem to get at the 1 LED that sits in the center of the heating instrument panel. I also do not see any easy way to take it out to replace it if it is blown. My car's interior seems a bit dark nowadays :) That being said the rear defrost button's light is dead but I've read I have to replace that whole button.

Whats wrong?

SharkBait

-------------------------

www.tingram.ca

www.digi-photography.com

Replace the bulbs themselves. They're 1157s... they don't have to appear blown to be blown... I once had the low watt filament of my brake/tail bulbs disappear completely... not a trace of it left... go figure... If that fails, you may need new taillight wiring harnesses.... I would hope not though...

That's a bulb in the middle behind the ventilation controls. Bulb #74 at your local auto parts stores. Pulls straight out, just have to get a good firm grip on it, and it comes right out. Ashtray uses the same bulb, as do all the warning lights in the instrument cluster (except low fuel warning, which uses a 158).

Replacing the rear defogger switch bulb is a bit more involved... I could tell you how to do it... just a plastic base with wire terminals wrapped around the edges, much like Christmas lights..part number is 272-1092 at Radio Shack/Tandy stores, come in a package of two. Not quite as big as the original bulb, but suits the purpose... they're a direct replacement for the A/C button bulb, but the defogger and hazard switch are a bit bigger. Much better than spending $5 apiece from Toyota, though!

If I don't make a bit of sense, I'll try again in the morning! :hokus-pokus:

Edited by RedAE102

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links