Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Ecu Reset

robbcorolla

a corolla 2.0 diesel has an ecu rite?

i can remember when i had my corsa 1.4i, 2 reset the ecu i would disconect the battey for 1hour and then re-connect it, and it would run rough for around 15 seconds. is this the same for the corolla cos i havent had it long an i dont no anything bout em lol. fair big corsa swot tho lol.

also does the radio need a code or anything after a Battery disconnect?

cheers robb!!!

you can do that, you can also speed the reset up (on an ae92) by turning the ignition on as far as 'on' (i.e. all the way but not start) and back off again 7 times in succession i think. It was something i needed to do along time ago after cleaning and replacing all my sensors and regulator and cleaned injectors to get rid of the 'i know best ' fuel map prediction... ;) basically resetting the ECU

When you do start it let it tick over for a short preiod then bring the rev's right up for about 30secs and release the throttle slow and controlled, note any dull spots in the rev range and then blip it up high and let it go, this should get you smooth running.

If the ECU is similar to an ae92.

i dont know the engine numbers lol :( alls i know is its a v plate 2.0 diesel

is this similar? cheers

should really get 2 know these lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links