Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Converting A Right Hand To A Left Hand Driving

CorollaGti

Hello guys is there any way of converting a a right hand to a left hand driving corolla Gti or it doesn't worth it??How much is it going to cost me?All i have to do is to change the steering wheel??

Hi CorollaGti,

yes it is possible to convert a right hand drive to left hand drive but at the same time anything is possible with the right amount of money....

its not as simple as just swapping over the steering wheel as u got bare in mind all the components that are on the right hand side might now have to be on the left hand side....

I think over here in AUS they do this conversion for imports and i think it was like $5000-$10000 for a stock standard sort of car. i.e. nothing special......

again i dont know what it would cost u over in greece but to be honest with you i dont think it would be work it to do the swap over.

just my opinion dude.....

cheers

Bill

It's really expensive!!!

After doing this conversion am i going to have any problems or it's an easy one?

It's really expensive!!!

After doing this conversion am i going to have any problems or it's an easy one?

like most things depends on how well the conversion is done and if the person doing it is capable of doing the work involved...:)

Pople here do a lot of such conversions.

1) If the model range has a left-handed and right handed drive cars (i.e. Corolla <-> RunX) then the best thing to do is buy the whole dash from the left handed one. I Then you need to buy all the steering wheel stuff (like the wipers control, etc).

2) You need to swap the pedals. Cheaper if it's automatic. Bit more expensive for a manual, but this is usually done individually for each car.

3) Windscreen wipers need to be changes, as the old ones will leave out huge parts on the left side.

The transmission needs no changes, you only sometimes need to swap the gearknob for some auto transmissions.

Very popular thing in countries near Japan, but with right-hand roads. (ie Russia). Not very cheap if you do it fully. Agree with xoom about the price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links