Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Tubby Purchases

Rookey

Just a quick question really.

Im interested as to which garages people bought their MR2's from and how many of them they actually got imported especially for them...

Basically, im looking for recommendations, and Pro's and Con's of importing specifically for your needs.

I am looking at possibly upgrading to a tubby at some point, and my friend is looking at shifting on to a turbo soon, So im just curious, as a lot of the ones we have viewed in the trader seem to be <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed! Actual Dealers, or Importers seem the way to go...

Opinions?

with importers and dealers, expect to pay a good 2-3k more than a private sale..... is it really worth paying the extra for a bit of peace of mind. i would rather save that money and have anything go wrong, put right myself.

if you know your ***** you can pick up a bargain and a reliable one. i bought mine privately 3.5 years ago. the engine has only just given out and even that was because nobles :censor: it up on the rolling road during mapping a unichip for it.

You make a fair point Shaf, but at the moment, the MR2 market is full of wasters!

look in my sig.. TOC's local Dealer.. :lol:

He has made a few new TOC peeps very happy with MR2's.. :thumbsup:

because nobles :censor: it up on the rolling road during mapping a unichip for it.

Hmmm Shouldnt they pay for a new engine then? :crybaby:

You make a fair point Shaf, but at the moment, the MR2 market is full of wasters!

look in my sig.. TOC's local Dealer.. :lol:

He has made a few new TOC peeps very happy with MR2's.. :thumbsup:

I'll second that! ;)

Hi, I got mine from NVI, can't recommend them highly enough!!! Based in Northampton, their web is: www.NVI.uk.com

they have turbo's in just now, I love my car and It was in Great condition when I bought it, A few of the guys from Rogue systems know about NVI as its in their links page.

Give Tom a shout, He will definately be able to help you out.

Cheers,

Michael.

I got mine from Car Planet friendly people and bend over backwards to make sure your happy. lol :thumbsup:

www.carplanetltd.co.uk

p.s got a nice Twin Turbo "Manual" Supra in at the moment. I'm tempted it's just under £8k ;)

Does Rash have a website?

not as yet... but he will try his best to find you the car your after.. he travels up and down the country for 'em.. :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the replies guys :)

I have tried Rash, but he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.

Asked him to find a rev 3 tubby t-bar, but to no avail.

I will check out those sites also.

Whats happening with these MR2's then Hedgehog?

Details! :P

Dave!

got mine from Anthony at japanimportcar.com . Based in Hexham... nice chap.

Cool, my Cousin lives in Corbridge, spent loads of summer hols up there in the past. :thumbsup:

Contact a few tell them what you are after and take it from their. ;)

I got mine from JAPANESE DIRECT IMPORTS from a guy called Julian. Now most of the companies are pretty good, I thought Julian was more generally interested in the MR2s and knew how fussy some customers can be. :D

An example was that they found me a red GTS with low miles and perfect bodywork - hence they checked it out and came back and told me that it was no good for me?! I was confused as it looked perfect and it was just what I wanted, so I asked "Why?!" and apparently they found to tiny slits in the carpet behind the floor of the driver's seat - meaning RACING harness belts were previously fitted!!! :ffs:

Yep! this car was raced in Japan - lucky for me they spotted this, as it would have had a hard life. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links