Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Newbie Sez 'hi'

Sooty torques

Hi folks,

Thought I'd best introduce myself...

Gonna start hanging around here for a while as I've jusy bought a Yaris T3 1.4 D4D for my partner as an early christmas prezzie (she doesn't know anything about it yet). It's a MY04 54-plate Island Green 3-dr, got it from a Toyota main dealer for £7,500 OTR inc. full tank of derv, with 10 miles on the clock, pre-registered on 31/09/04 so technically brand new... Seemed like an ok deal to me?

We've never owned a Toyota before, never mind a Yaris, so are keen to know if there's anything to look out for or be wary of with these wee beasties. We're both diesel-holics, her current car being a Citroen ZX TurboD :rolleyes: , whereas I've owned a string of european diesels and currently drive a SEAT Leon SE TDI130 - hope you won't hold that against me...

So if there's anything we need to be looking out for or changing in the near future, I'd appreciate some pointers. Possible future mods will include upgrading the sound system and fitting some nice alloys... Is there a thread / section on such mods? Sorry, I suppose I should search!

Thanking you all in advance,

Ray.

Welcome mate, any questions with regards to the Yaris, just post em here.. 'tis a good forum :thumbsup:

You could do a 'search' or just re-ask, dont think many people mind..

Cheers for that. :thumbsup:

Just been nosing around here and already found sections on tweaking the Yaris. Forgive the odd bummer comment or question, it's all different on here, gotta get used to finding my way around. :D

Yep, hope so. Just took a look at the pics of your Yaris - looks the biz. What camera did you use? Nice alloys which I assume are standard. Have to think about saving up for some alloys to give the missus for her birthday in May...

Welcome Sooty!!

You will find lots of useful help and advice on the Yaris on this forum. :thumbsup:

I think your partner (Sweep?? :D ) will enjoy her car....thats if you dont hijack it first.

I think your partner (Sweep?? :D ) will enjoy her car....

Cheers! BTW wasn't Sweep supposedly male..? I think 'Sue' is more my type... :lol:

Ay, welcome to the good ol' TOC! Plenty of sound advice here! (Not from me, im quite useless) but everyone else is mighty helpful!

I think your partner (Sweep??  :D ) will enjoy her car....

Cheers! BTW wasn't Sweep supposedly male..? I think 'Sue' is more my type... :lol:

Sorry Sooty.......senior moment! Not meaning to offend :o

Welcome mate and enjoy ur stay! I'm pretty useless 2 but I've got a nice Yaris I think! :thumbsup:

Sorry Sooty.......senior moment! Not meaning to offend :o

Hey, no problem - none taken! :thumbsup:

nottingham-ish... where abouts mate? im from mansfield

Minnnt

We're on the northern edge of Hucknall (which of course is the pimple on the backside of Nottingham).

Know Mansfield well, often shop there, good beer fests, drive through it twice a day as I work in Warsop (for my sins... :crybaby: ). My missus is from Shirebrook :arrgg-matey: (no comments please!).

lol i wudnt dream of commenting i used 2 b wi a girl from there... and yes, good beer fests. there is one or two of us from notts area (like u say ish) matlock etc shall have 2 av a meet sumtime... wen mine is back on the road... :crybaby:

Minnnt

Welcome mate and enjoy ur stay! I'm prettty useless 2 but I've got a nice Yaris I think! :thumbsup:

Cheers, bud. Just had a peek at your motor in the 'garage' section - looks fine, esp the white wheels against the black bodywork.

I'm interested in your ICE upgrade, which will prob be one of the first things we'll tackle on the Yaris. Been planning to fit an MP3 HU into my Leon, as the cd changer nigh on fills the glovebox and if I fit one to my Leon, 'er indoors will want one in her new baby... :rolleyes:

Have checked out the HU changing section in one of the Yaris 'how to' guides - did you do it yourself or splash out? Any tips?

there is one or two of us from notts area (like u say ish) matlock etc shall have 2 av a meet sumtime... wen mine is back on the road...  :crybaby:

Minnnt

I'm on the seatcupra.net forums too and there's been a few meets round here, meals and stuff in Derby, karting at Langar airfield, Notts, and track days and race meets at Donnington. Would make a change to be chauffeured to a meet! Talk Yaris instead of Leon! :D

Sorry to hear your drives off the road - nothing too major I hope.

When you're up and running again, if you see a yellow Leon passing through Mansfield along the A60 between Nott'm and Warsop, give us a wave. What colour Yaris T Sport should I look out for?

TAXI :P :lol::lol: sorry thats a joke

the yaris diesel is a damn good engine loads of torque.

welcome to the club from one of the sisters of TOC :wub:

you aint that far away when we have our midlands meets last one was

at a good pub nr donnington park,you'd be welcome on the next one :group-cuddles:

we're a friendly lot and always joking :lol:

kimi

:wub:

did you do it yourself or splash out? Any tips?

I paid someone to do it mate but thats just 'cos I don't know wot I'm doin! I'm not confident at ripping my car apart and if u get it done somewhere and it falls to bits you at least have a comeback! :thumbsup:

TAXI

:o Oi!!! :P

Hi there and welcome to the club! All the cool kids drive T3 D4-Ds... B)

I hope your girlfriend likes it - it's a great wcar and I covered 16,000 miles in 8 months in my last one. Long journeys (eg Glasgow to Birmingham and back in a day) are no problem.

Hope we'll see you around.

Cheers,

Alan

TAXI

:o Oi!!! :P

Hi there and welcome to the club! All the cool kids drive T3 D4-Ds... B)

Cheers, I'm glad to hear it! In all the tests I've read (mags and web) the Yaris D4D has always been quoted as the one to go for - so I did. :D

Glad kimi was joking too - we both get a lot of stick for driving taxis/tractors/trains/trucks/etc... :P

Isn't there a diesel section on TOC? On the seatcupra.net forums, there's a TDI section, as well as a 'sooty sports club' for tuned, chipped & mod'd diesels of what ever variety. It's where we derv types can all get together and discuss the latest fashions in forecourt diesel gloves... :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links