Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Died On Me!

minnnt_ts

rite... this mornin upon startin my car i found it 2 b "different" i.e. sounding strange. so, i opened the bonnet but everythin looked fine (i aint a mechanic so i dont know anythin about the workings of it as u'll realise from my other posts!) so, i shut it down, and proceeded to reverse out my drive. then going down my street i realised that the engine management light was on :eek: anyway, to cut a long story short, i pulled up at the traffic lights at the bottom of my street and went to pull off (slowly as it still dint sound rite) and it just stalled. (not my fault so dont start!!!) and i couldnt get it going again. i had to call the breakdown service out and have them take it to the toyota garage. the ignition would come on but wudnt start. they took it into their garage and undone the bonnet and took sum fuses out and sum other bits n bobs and it still wudnt start. they said they have never seen it happen before and it wud take at least 2 weeks to fix as it may need a new engine if they cant get it going... :crybaby:

has any1 else experienced this before? HEEEELLLLP!!!!!!

Minnnt

(p.s. thought the motto was "everything keeps going right?!")

Sorry to hear that Minnnt. How old is your car and have you put any engine mods on?

Mr.T will sort it out :thumbsup:

... i opened the bonnet but everythin looked fine

Engine?... Check

Battery?.. Check

Spiny thing?.. Check

Making a noise?.. Check

Leads still there?... Err check.

:thumbsup: I cant see how stalling/engine cutting out should result in a new engine/two weeks work.. What breakdown service was this?

rac. Mr T. put this machine on it and he said if this dont get it goin then nothin will... hmmm... NOTHIN WILL THEN!!!!!

Aye.....yes..that's an engine....ah it won't start...ah ok...that's 2 weeks and proably a new engine... is what what they actually said!

You say it now won't start...in what way?

You say the ignition will come on....but do you hear the starter motor? or is it just dead?

If the stater is spinning.... does it cough and splutter...can you hear it trying to fire...or is there just nothing?

Vipes

New engine? Doubtful

I take it you have fuel and it’s getting through?

It will be something really simple and stupid, July 2004 with 494 miles on it? that has to be a first. Keep us informed.

So Mr T will lend you another car for the two weeks that they said it would take?? :thumbsup:

all the ignition lights come on and then the usual ones go off then when u do the final turn it just clicked. <_<

i have still got me corsa insured until march so i will be using that for the time i aint got it.

and im only tellin u what he said... :ph34r:

and the car only had 224 miles on it when i got last week.

Minnnt

For Mr T to say a new engine would be required...it would need to be terminal..ie hydraulically seized..... now if the starter won't spin and you just hear a click....that is a symptom.... The click is the starter solenoid.

Starter motors do wear over time ( not applicable here) and they do get flat spots resulting in this click...rocking the car forward while in gear...moves it aways from the flat spot so the starter works.

Did you get it brand new yourself...if so it's underwarranty... and if they do have to replace the engine...I'd refuse and ask for a brand new car.

Vipes

Hmm, sounds strange... and annoying.

Just to add further misery, if a company tahts repairing your car says two weeks, it means a month. I had a new bumper fitted at Just Car Clinic (named and shamed!) The guy said 4 days and if u ant heard, give us a ring... so i did and they hadn't even looked at it to estimate for the insurance company. 1 week later (so 2 weeks now, not four days) and it had been stripped and was waiting for a part, 3 days apparantly.... 3 weeks later... 'the parts have just come in' (parts?? I thought it was one??) then another week and it was done. Thats 6 weeks for a 4 day job. What a load of ***** and balls.

Just warning you thats all... hope same doesnt happen to you!

saveer, that fills me with confidence :unsure: lol!!! it was pre registered to the garage so they were first on the log book but it had "delivery milage" and the remainder of the warrenty. i hadnt touched the car or engine in any shape or form of mods.

Minnnt

exactly... every1 i spoke 2 said oooo they're reliable, they will never go wrong... yeh looks that way thanks very much! :censor: im gonna fone em up 2moro 2 c if they have found out whats wrong wi it.

Minnnt

Sometimes a rogue engine will get through to the road and sieze within a few hundred miles. Could be the bottom-end...

not that iv ever experienced an engine seizing up but there wernt no noise like what ud expect 2 hear... it just cut out wen i went 2 go... :(

Minnnt

Sometimes a rogue engine will get through to the road and sieze within a few hundred miles. Could be the bottom-end...

I agree and wouldn't worry out of the thousands they sell theres bound to be some that go !Removed! up

My m8 picked up his new 16k reanult van yesterday 8 miles on the clock got 15 miles down the road and the axel snaped :o

why use your old car?

get a loan car off them,i work at a dealers and i know it rushs things

along because they need their car too much ;)

you should have pulled over and called your breakdown cover when you

saw the engine light come on,it dont come on for nothing

its a warning light :o

hope you get it sorted out.

Bad luck... I hope they get it sorted quickly. (Not technical enough to be able to offer advice :ph34r: )

I've done about 70,000 miles in Yarii in 3 years and have never have the slightest misfire :bye:

A

rite, foned mr T. and they said they have no idea whats wrong with it, they reckon they have had hour lookin at it (personally i think they have shuv'd it 2 one side! quite literally shuv'd!!) they're lookin into takin everything apart or summat :eek: thats my car and they r dismantling it!! :crybaby: but as long as works afterwards im not bothered!

Minnnt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links