Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade 2 Corrola T-sport?

Griffyn

Hi there in 2 years i am thinking of upgrading my car...long time i know!! But i wana b sure what i get is worth the money. Atm i am 18 and have a yaris 1.0L...its a lovely car for a 1st car...but lacks the power i want!

I like the new corolla t-sport but is it worth the price? Also are there many mods and engine mods available for it as a 0-60 of 8.4 is fast but i want really fast!

I have also been thinking of getting a 2nd hand jaguar s-type for about 15k (can get cheaper)...i wld go for a 3.0L version which has a 0-60 of 7.3. I wld then also get arden bodykit, backbox, bbs alloys and engine mods.

I will have about £22-25k 2 spend. I wld b able 2 get insurance on these cars as they are with no mods when i 1st get them. I wld only do exterior mods till about 23 and then do engine mods.

I know ppl will prob b bias cos its a corolla forum...but what do u guys think?

Also any other cars u rcmnd? Must be a max of insurance grp 16 no higher!

Jaguar is very nice car, height of luxury.

If its performanc you want though go for the Tsport out of them 2 as the Tsport may have a 8.4 book speed but its deff faster, nearer low 7 I would say. Also the CTS will be more to dricve ect. Cheaper to run as well, be prepared for £300-400 service costs on the Jag, lot less at Toyota :D .

If its raw performance you want look at the CTR, its slighty faster and better raod holding. Not sure about the insurance.

This is one that will confuse you, when I checked with insurance on both a TS and a CTR they quoted me group 14 for the TS and group 10 for the CTR, I asked that they were positive they had the CTR as a group 10 and it definatly was they even qouted a group 12 for the anniversary model, does that mean they think the TS is more of an animal / faster??? :beer:

By the way thats just a joke before we start world war 3 on the TS vs CTR debate... :group-cuddles:

But genuinly confused why group 10 for CTR and 14 for TS doesn't make sense... :wacko:

Whats the CTR as i havnt heard of this model. Sounds cool tho if its faster and has better road holding. Does it look as agressive as the tsport tho?

Im pretty sure if they quote 8.4 as the 0-60 it will b pretty accurate...i doubt it will b 7!

It would b nicer 2 have a new car as well.....also the warranty is a good idea 2 have. Hence me not being so keen on getting a jag but wld b nice! 2nd hand cars are always a worry!

Whats the CTR as i havnt heard of this model. Sounds cool tho if its faster and has better road holding. Does it look as agressive as the tsport tho?

Im pretty sure if they quote 8.4 as the 0-60 it will b pretty accurate...i doubt it will b 7!

The CTR is the Honda Civic Type R, very nice car if you prefer the more raw sporty car as the CTS can be a little too soft for some in the cornering. But it's all about taste, so no arguments about which car is better please.

I would say go and have a test drive in the CTS, you'll soon realise that the 8.4 0-60 is rubbish, it's definately low 7's.

Here are a couple of pic of my 30th AE CTR

My Civic Type-R 30th AE

Totaly disregard the 0-62 time of the CTS is much more like 7.1 seconds than Toyota quoted 8.4!

The Civic is Honda’s more hardcore version of the Corolla TS without all the toys!

Nick

I tested my CTS at Silverstone a little while ago and got a 7.26sec 0-60 time recorded electronically with professional gear.

Definitely worth trying the CTR to see if it is your bag, but a lot of the fun of the CTS comes with getting the hang of its trick engine.

I had a 1.0l Yaris first, then went for a Toyota track day where I got to drive the Corolla around a slalom course in the car park. That did it for me, and a few months later I was able to buy one. There's really no comparison with the Yaris, even the T Sport is nowhere near as fast as the Corolla. The YTS takes over 30sec to get to 100mph, whereas the Corolla gets to about 90mph in 15sec. Not sure about the 100 time.

You need to go on a few test drives :D

Cheers

Paul.

The CTR is a Group 10???? :eek: What?? <_<

How come my Corolla is a group 9 and almost half the bhp??

the CTS is about group 16

I was going to say! What am I doing driving the SR for?? lol

Agree with you totally nick, that is as a rule of thumb, my current insurers, Broker Direct have the CTR as group 10, and my TS group 14. :help:

Thanks for all the feed back. I have heard of the honda civic type-r before but neva heard it called the ctr. At the moment I am just looking what is available for my 21st bday. Since i am almost 19 i doubt they will let me test drive any of these cars now. But in a few years i think i will.

How much is a new civic-type r? Also are they really basic inside?

I didnt realize the ctr was insurance group 17...is worth taking a look at then....i will see how much insurance will b...i thought it wld b higher than 17 since the 0-60 is 6.7 or somethin like that if i remember correctly.

Neways thanks for feedback i will keep a look out about developments about these cars....altho the corolla was just revamped. It wld prob b easier 2 get a newer toyota since toyota wld give me a betta price for my current car and betta discount on new car.....altho i will have 2 wait and see what deals i can get in 2years.

2 years is such a long time, anything could be available by then, the new Astra Coupe looks a nice car don't know anything about performance but I understand the handling is very good, VW have the new Golf GTi shortly, Toyota may bring out an all conquering T-Sport, honda may decide to bring the Integra Type R into the UK, thinking of a car for purchase in 2 years time is a little like thinking about what your going to buy in Mcdonalds in 2 years...

Could be we are all driving around in GPS controlled cars that are impossible to speed in so we would all have 1.0 ltr yaris's (although admittedly thats a little far fetched)...

Spend 4-5k on an MR2 Turbo, 3-5k on mods, and eat them all (Porsche's included).  :thumbsup:

Yeah but you can fit four mates in the Corolla so they can feel how good it is :D :D :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links