Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Car Mats

svmurray

Not really a Yaris question, but I was unsure where else to post, but I do have a Yaris. Just got some new car mats from Halfords (Ripspeed with the metal foot plate).

I know this may sound a bit dumb, but I am not sure how they are supposed to be fixed.

Usually I have just let them sit in position, without worrying too much about them moving a bit, but the other day I run into a potential hazardous problem my my mat slipped forward and the clutch got stuck down because of the mat.

My mats have a hole towards the seat end of the mat with a small square hole in and I have a bottom disc with a kind of key arrangement in the top and a screw underneath. Then there is an top disc that fits into the first disc, therefore creating a clamping type arrangement around the hole in the mat.

My assumption is that I just make a small hole in my carpet, then screw the bottom disc of the clip into the carpet. Fit the mat over this bottom disc, then hold it with the top disc.

Does this sound about right? If not, does anybody have any ideas or know any good websites showing how to secure the mat?

TIA for any advice.

Don’t cut any holes in your original mats!

They may be too small hence them sliding all over the place.

It may be an idea to take them back and get some that fit properly, the last thing you want is a mat stuck on your accelerator or brake pedal.

There has been a few posting recently about mats and the Yaris, some by me, have a quick search.

:thumbsup:

The mats already have the hole in, with a square plastic insert for the clip.

The mats do seem to fit quite well, as long as they can be fixed in position.

I did have quick search before posting and couldnt find anything, but i will check out those links...thanks

Decided to take the mats back to Halfords and get some yaris mats from toyota.

This was mainly because I felt the ripspeed ones were dangerous....They are the ones with the metal plate, which i thought would be more hard wearing. But when your feet are wet, it feels like you are not in full control of the car because your feet slip all over the place on the metal pad.

Halfords told me they dont have any of these mats taken back.....think its because all the people that bought them are dead....its strange that they were on special offer eh

I have already called Halfords customer services about these mats and I will be sending a letter. I really dont know how they can sell these mats. England is quite a wet place and they obviously are unfit for there purpose and dangerous when it is wet.

I am quite happy with my Yaris mats that fit very well and were cheaper than any of the other mats at halfords

Does anybody have any experiences with these mats with a metal plate?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links