Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Aerial

jaxx

ok been searching for info on getting the infernal electrical aerial going

had a look at a few how tos on the other forums available.

just wondered if anyone here had any experience on how to get it going with an Alpine headunt

as far as i know it has a 'live' and two 'sense' inputs, one for the stereo being on and one for the radio/aerial sense from the HU

will have a battle with it tomorrow but any tips and pointers will be great

All i know is when the radio's on, it goes up...

And when the radio's off, it goes down! ^_^

Sorry mate cant help you but TTT anyway :thumbsup:

On my Audi, the electric aerial has 3 wires to it.

Power, Ground and the switching wire. When this is energised ( from the head unit ) the aerial goes up. When the head unit is turned off the switching wire goes Low and the aerial retracts.

I'm under the ( possibly misguided ) assumption that they all work this way

Rich

Seem to recall that this prob crops up a lot in the Celica forum...if that's any help

Yeah my aerial comes up as soon as I turn the headunit power on and it stays up even I'm just playing a CD until I turn the unit off.

You can change the way the arial functions...like on mine it says defeat on the screen...I cant remember how to change it again...but I can remember playing with the radio after I just got it and there is a way to set the arial to only come on when the radio is on...mine does this...and when I play a CD it retracts...when playing I did get it to stay up all the time..just have a play with the buttons...oh and mine is the standard double DIN radio...

let me know how u get on and please note any colour wires! i tried my hand at messin with it and got it to work properly! until i started the engine and it had nothing but interferance, but i think that was due to the standard amps bein cut out and prob shortin somewhere, sortin it end of next month when i get proper kit.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Jaxx....

I used to have an apline head unit and I was in the car for ages trying to figure out how to get the stereo working etc.

Then I noticed a little blue wire coming from the stereo and also a blue wire coming from the car harness... connected these up.. the stereo came on and the aerial went up!!

Are you managing to get the stereo on ?? Or simply having probs with the aerial ?

probs with the aerial jim

headunit comes on fine

i know it has the PCONT which turns the amps on and ANT which is a sense lead for the aerial. im assuming i can use these to do it

not had a play yet

pcont is for continuous live feed when the stereos on, so even if your listening to cd the ariel will be up, ant only supplies feed when the radios on, the electric aerial on mr2s need a 12v switched live feed to power the motor as well as a live feed from stereo to tell it when to operate

yes i know that

was looking at a how to on imoc (i think)

the aerial has to 'live' senses apparently. you use PCONT on one feed so it knows the stereos on but use ANT on the second when the radio comes on

the aerial will only lift when both 'sense' are 12v high.... etc....... :wacko:

still yet to play! weathers pants! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links