Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slightly Modded Yaris's

breezer

Just incase.

Dads sent the letter back filled in with copies of all our licenses etc.

Dad just told me that the woman on the phone earlier said that something did not add up right.

My dad was thinking maybe because of my age, more than doesnt insure anyone under 21 or something, thats what it says on there site!

but when i was learning to drive i was on the insurance, i was 17, no hassle at all. Then when i passed my test and 18, they said i couldnt get insured, something to do with being under 21, but my dad argued how they let me get insured no hassle when i was 17 and learning, then they eventually decided it was fine and put me on insurance.

anways need recommendations of good insurance companies that will insure my dad as the main driver (hes 55) and me as a secondary driver (18 going on 19). - CHEAP ones please

cheers

breezer

if you're Dad is over 50 then Saga are the ones to use......no-one can touch their prices.

Not sure about their policy on named second drivers though

Rich

also need ones who are friendly with small modifications such as alloys and tint!

if more than %$( this up for us, its going to be a mare looking for new insurance company!!

got quoted online by tesco, £500 for me and my dad! not bad! did not ask about any modifications

Don't insure online.

There are always deals to be had with insurance, and a bit of negotiation can save hundreds of pounds.

If you insure online then you are given a price.....Take it or leave it.

If you ring them and speak to a person, then there are deals to be done.

Got my Quote online. Then Rang them and negotiated about 100 quid off the premium.. IT'S GOOD TO TALK !

Rich

Try CIS mate, You ring them up and SOMEONE comes round to your HOUSE, so its all personal

Im paying 800 quid, under my mums name, BUT its any driver, so anyone can drive my car, anyone in the world!!

Also the best thing is, they dont give a royal bum to mods, as when i have declared they did not charge anything, they simply said write in and let us know, If its an ENGINE mod then ring up!

:thumbsup:

try if u can afford it not to be a naled driver as u wont get an NCB i have 5 year NCB now and it makes a difference im 23 0 points 5yrs ncb and pay £600 on my gen6 celica gt and to be honest i dindt ring round just stuck with adrian flux so could prob get it cheaper but im lazy and dint want to have to send proof of ncb et coff to other companies but build up ur own man as wen ur bot 22 and want somethig with more poke no cloaims helps out alot

cheers matt!!

if youre right about mods, il recommend this to my dad!

£650 just been quoted, not that bad considering! :yes:

:huh: £3000 insurance on more than, fat chance

£1100 on Elephant

19yrs old and 0NCB. I think you could do better than that on a 1.0L!

i thought so too!!

you know the bit when it asks about accidents in the past 5 years! although i havent claimed from more than, do i still have to say yes to accident?

:huh:  £3000 insurance on more than, fat chance

£1100 on Elephant

have you declared your mods?

im sure i tried a similar site to elephant.co.uk and it had the ticky boxes for the modifications section, and it said couldnt get insured with the mods i had. all i ticked was suspension mods, alloys and tints.

have you declared your mods to elephant socks?

Mate you are obvoiusly not ringing them up :rolleyes:

If you ring them you can tell them exactly what you do etc.

Internets a pile of poo for insurance.

Believe it or not suspension is the worst modification you can do! Not in the sense of driving etc but for telling your insurance about, they don't like suspension mods at all! They think he's lowered his car so he's gonna drive faster 'cos it handles better but some people do it for looks! I'm doing it for both! :thumbsup:

My insurance wasnt bothered about me lowering it as they said it probably makes the car a lil safer lol

Yeaaaahhh, you keep saying that :D

My insurance wasnt bothered about me lowering it as they said it probably makes the car a lil safer lol

CIS has been best quote so far £521 for me and my dad! although currently we are paying £450 for my dad, me and my bro, even though my brother doesnt drive it because he has his own car :wacko:

£521 is best and if more than throw the policy back at us, il tell him to go on this as they dont mind about modifications like i have!!

CIS has been best quote so far £521 for me and my dad! although currently we are paying £450 for my dad, me and my bro, even though my brother doesnt drive it because he has his own car :wacko:

£521 is best and if more than throw the policy back at us, il tell him to go on this as they dont mind about modifications like i have!!

is that any driver insurance?

Great thing about my car is whenever i need someone else to drive (not happened yet) I dont have to worry as its still insured

Phone 'em when u get the dampers bud! U'll get rode I should think! :wacko:

When i was getting lowering springs, i phoned them up to ask, and i asked about all others things... Dampers included...

After telling them what im getting they said, righto.....

Nothing on engine then?

Err Nope

Ahh just write to us then, with a list of mods

Ok

Im going to write in with my updated list, but i might refer them to my garage, as that will be kept up to date... Dunno if they will use it tho

:huh:  £3000 insurance on more than, fat chance

£1100 on Elephant

have you declared your mods?

im sure i tried a similar site to elephant.co.uk and it had the ticky boxes for the modifications section, and it said couldnt get insured with the mods i had. all i ticked was suspension mods, alloys and tints.

have you declared your mods to elephant socks?

All mods declared Breezer:

- Exhaust / Manifold

- Lowering < 5cm

- Alloy Wheels (non-standard)

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links