Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Norwich Union

Crisis

I thought Elephant was cheap for T-Sport insurance.

At the moment I am awaiting my approaching 1Yr NCB. Im just looking at insurance quotes on a T-Sport which I can nearly afford 2nd hand at about £6000/£7000.

Norwhich Union slashes the hell out of all other quotes!

So... Im 18, 1 Yrs Driving Experience, 1 Yrs NCB. What do you think it could be? This is insurance on a T-Sport remember.

£2000?

£1500?

£1000?

Lower...

£931.00 is it me? Or does that just shout out BARGAIN! Im paying that now on my 1.0L Polo.

Its only £600 with 2 Yrs NCB.

Now, Im probably going to wait for the new Yaris model to come out so prices drop even more (Dec 2005 I think is when it comes out. Seen the final model 5 door looks okay, but I dont want it)

Now... the big question.

Do Norwich Union like MODs as much as Elephant? Are they easy going? Or dont they insure anything with changes.

I sit here praying now for the ans I hope to recieve.

Whatever you decide just remember to avoid Direct Line like the plague. They are !Removed! marvellous until the time you have to make a claim or get repairs done. And, if unfortunately like me you went to DL for a cheap premium don't let them take your motor to their bodyshop in Brum. I wouldn't trust em with my nephews colouring by numbers book

Norwich Union are charging us £20 extra a month to use 15" alloys instead of the standard 14", Elephant has been alot better as we are planning to swap to them when we renew the insurance after xmas :)

Norwich Union are charging us £20 extra a month to use 15" alloys instead of the standard 14", Elephant has been alot better as we are planning to swap to them when we renew the insurance after xmas :)

£240 just so you can have 15” alloys? F :censor: me!

I hope they look the business for that price!

£240 just so you can have 15” alloys? F :censor: me!

I hope they look the business for that price!

:lol::lol::lol:

Nah not really, only ones from a celica GT4, and considering the alloys only cost us £100...... :rolleyes:

But Elephant have said we wont have to pay extra for those alloys, so guess who we're swapping to :thumbsup: ;)

DL wanted £94.50 for 17 x 235 stil autos. Spooky as they actually cost less than the factory fitted wheels

Crisis, I'm with Norwich Union and I bought my alloys and my mum phoned them up and my mum sed she had fitted alloy wheels and they sed have u got locking wheels nuts and my mum sed yes and there wos absolutely no extra charge!

Dunno wot they are like with other mods like suspension though! I'll let u know next week though! ;)

The £20 extra per month was on condition we used locking wheel nuts! Otherwise it would be £40 :blink:

Rach I'd phone them back up and give them hassle! Don't mention my name, I might have slipped through! :lol::thumbsup:

Cheers Ryan I'd love to hear what they say about that one. Elephant had quite good offers at £1000 I think with 1 Yr NCB.

Gonna be keepin my car til at least xmas nxt yr thou, then I will get a T-Sport. Still not sure which colour. Hehe. Im gonna go on a test drive soon thou, I mean why shouldn't I treat myself to a freebie.

O and s0cks sorry no prize. Well maybe you can get... 1 ltr of petrol free! Now thats a saving.

Just remember that Norwich Union Direct have their call centre in India which can be quite "challenging" at times - I deal with them at my work and to say they are hard work is an understatement :ffs:

Whatever you decide just remember to avoid Direct Line like the plague. They are !Removed! marvellous until the time you have to make a claim or get repairs done.

Oh Yes! <_< :yes:

I got hit by a Direct Line driver. Getting the money from them was like pulling teeth. Basically they accused me of being a liar.

They didn't pay until the day they were meant to be in court and then curiously settled that morning :rolleyes:

B :censor: s!

A

Rach I'd phone them back up and give them hassle! Don't mention my name, I might have slipped through! :lol::thumbsup:

thats a good idea Rach i'd give them a call cos i was with them up till sept this year and they only charged me £21 xtra for my alloys.

norwich union allow you 3 mods.

but have to agree with blue84 their call centre in India is a pain :ffs:

insurance is a strange thing always different elephant would not insure me cos of my mods.

i'm now with chriss knot all mods declared very cheap for me. :thumbsup:

3 Mods? well i guess thats alloys ticked off.

Seems like a good start off pack, then elephant for the long run of heavy modification.

Well I will call them and find all the fun details.

Heres a horrible fact: My mate is insured on Direct Line. I am currently with Churchill and I have non-declared alloys cause they said no!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links