Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clunk Noise Front The Front

mr2nut123

when i turn the wheel hard full lock right it makes a clunky bang noise front the front just infront of my steering wheel. also at 80mph the wheel vibrates a bit and doesnt feel as safe as it used to :unsure: any ideas?

LOL!!! at the topic title, im f :censor: n nakered so shur up before anyone says anything 

Mate whats that title all about?? :lol:

But anyway... the clunk you are hearing might be the spring turning suddenly in its seat when you steer.

Get someone to turn the steering lock to lock while you watch thru the wheel arch

and see if the spring suddenly jumps (Whilst the car isnt moving!)

If it is, you can put grease on the top and bottom of the spring to stop it doing it :thumbsup:

As for the vibration.. could be tracking or wheel balance.

lol i hope it dunt cost much to fix. my clutch is on its way out n all...sod it!! gonna buy my rear lights first and risk it

lol cheers for the advice neway mate, appreciated. ill print it off and show my dad it, he'll know what to do im **** wi technical stuff on cars :P

• 4 months later...
:eek: My car has the same problem it was new in December and when I reverse on full lock out of a parking space it clunks quite dramatically - it's also a bit floaty at high speeds - my last MR2 didn't do anything like it. Could it be steering rack related?

Send me your email address and I'll send you a section of the Toyota Technician's Workshop Manual which covers diagnosing suspension and steering problems.

Send me your email address and I'll send you a section of the Toyota Technician's Workshop Manual which covers diagnosing suspension and steering problems.

i would nt mind this too, my stearing is a bit floaty at higy speeds ! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links