Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Mr Insurance Man

sclark

I had a 6 cd changer fitted and also some 6x9 in the parcel shelf, is it worth going to the hassle to contact insurers, its through my dads company insurance but i suppose that doesnt make much of a difference. Ive not bothered so far contacting them, got it done about 9 months ago or something like that.

you get an x amount for audio cover, if it gets stolen and you dont tell them how much it is worth they they will only pay you the x amount

you should have an 'Audio Allowance' on your policy,

the insurers will only replace upto this amount if it is stolen.

You need to either have receipts for your equipment or the packaging/boxes that they came in as proof of purchase,to show to insurers when you want your replacements.

The answer to your question no you do not need to tell them unless in the contract it says you do!

craig :thumbsup:

Don't you have to tread carefully here.....

As people will see that you have a nice ICE install, and this would make your car a more likely target. It's not just the cost of the system you'd be covering but damages caused to gain entry.

An insurer could argue that because of the non standard ICE install it was more likely to be broken into.

A little like having oversized alloys....it's not just the cost of the wheels...but the desirability, to would be scumbags

Vipes

Viper makes a point. Thats why people put alarms on so it decreases desirability (to counter-act the increase in value and desirablity)

Viper makes a point. Thats why people put alarms on so it decreases desirability (to counter-act the increase in value and desirablity)

and hope to keep there car secure :rolleyes:

yeah youll have an audio allowance

youll be lucky if it breaches £750, best to phone and ask exactly what it is but youll be mre than covered by it in most cases. some companys may ask you to list it to be placed on your policy in case it gets nicked and then itll get replaced

i actually have my audio install on a 'posessions' insurance thing with the bank and its tied in with the cars main insurance (which they are pretty cool with) i do this as my headunits worth more than the audio cover :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links