Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's Getting Closer...

alanbradley

Hi folks!

As some of you might know, I've been waiting for my replacement Yaris for just over a month now. Well, the good news is that its now reached the dealer in Perth! The bad news is that they can't get the same wheels (TSW Blast 14" alloys) that I had before.

So... Instead of these alloys (fitted to the suddenly departed :crybaby: that afternoon):-

TOC_meet19.jpg

(Cheers Ryan - I think!)

It will have these ones:-

yar_03_acc_01_im_frfr.gif

Soooo - what do you think?

Oh yeah -the holdup now is that I'm waiting for DVLA in Swansea to send me the form that lets me t ransfer my number plate from the old to the new. Its only been 3 weeks so far, so they seem to be working with their usual haste <_<

All thing and the DVLA working out then I should have it before the end of next week.

:thumbsup:

Alan

hi Alan,glad to hear your new cars on its way :)

the alloys look ok. just might be bit harder to clean with the spokes

being closer together!!

are you having black again too?

Yeah! the car was meant to be identical. It was easier to sort out the insurance and, tbh, I liked it just as it was...

As you say, it will probably be harder to clean, but those TSWs were really easy to keep looking smart (even for a lazy sod like me :) ). The chice was those or simple 5-spokes similar to the T-Sport ones. I think I made the right choice to be honest.

Cheers,

Alan

You made the right choice. The TS wheels are ok but a bit dull.

I think I prefer your new wheels to the old ones.... Although you should really bin the 14" ones and get 16" alloys! :thumbsup: :D

WOOOO

not long now alan bet u cant wait especially to get rid of the RAV,

make sure u get pics up when u get it

Courtesy car? What's a courtesy car? <_< (Actually logistics of one were just too complicated)

No, it's one of my Dad's and is the family workhorse. Noisy, shakes and drinks like a fish (well, relative to a diesel Yaris :rolleyes: ) but makes the trip to work 25 mins instead of the 3 hour ordeal that it would be by the meagre public transport system up here... Its for sale once I've finished with it (only 96,000 miles, Full Mr. T service history, towbar, never had any problems mechanical or otherwise...)

Pics will be up here within hours of me getting it - my ToC garage is looking kind-of bare at the moment!

Yeah, I qould have loved bigger wheels, but the insurance was only paying out for wheels up to the price of the old ones. I could jhave got bigger ones and stuff, but I would have had to pay extra and I'm skint at the moment - partially through having to run that blooming RAV but also because I'm going on my hols in a couple of weeks...

Cheers folks,

Alan

I like your new wheels Alan but where are your old wheels? Where they mangled? And yeah its my picture, no worries! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the new mobile! :D

Ryan,

The old ones are still on the old car, but I don't want them because the front ones both got wasted off other cars (and the left one off the barrier too) so I don't know how damaged they may be. The rear left one had also been kerbed by me some time before.

Hopefully I'll be down to get it this week, so I'll go round to the bodyshop place and try to photograph the old one and reclaim my keyring.

Cheers,

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links