Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lexus

exon16m

I doubt it, the IS200 sells very well so why risk losing sales on that, the IS Sportcross is the nearest thing I think they will make.

Afterall, if they made a small exec car, no one would bother buying Corolla T-spirits which have Climate, and can be had with Leather etc so they probably wouldn't sell many more cars overall as they would sell more of one and less of the other.

Anyone know if lexus plans to go into the premium hatch market? I think a small hatch with some influance from the lexus 4x4 would be nice running a 3600cc v8 vvtli (384+ hp) RWD I would give the market something different.

:)

.... well they would have my money anyway

I seem to remember BMW having a very sucessful small exec model and most hatches can be purchased with leather and climate control. The new focus and astra for example i am sure.

yes, your reffering to the BMW 'compact' and the new 1 series..

Speaking as a lexus driver, i think its an awful idea (although i have considered a A3) - it devalues the brand, oh, and the last thing you want to look at for market strategy is BMW - they could put a Badge on an Austin Allegro and it would sell for £15,000...

Speaking as a lexus driver, i think its an awful idea (although i have considered a A3) - it devalues the brand, oh

I am on my third Lexus - and I agree with Ian 100%.

we need them to go more power - not smaller :thumbsup:

although, they won't do that either :(

I like the is200 but i think it is very under powered and needs a range topping model.

"we need them to go more power - not smaller"

how about my sugestion at the begining 3.6 l VVTLI producing 384hp (2x the 1.8 ts unit ... I would pay just to hear it )

To me it seems logical for them to have a premium small car at the moment i can only think of one other main streem car producer who does not:

Jaguar (and thats because they dont have the money)

I agree that a small Lex would sell but they would lose sales from Rollas.

Lex big gap is not having a UK manual in the IS 300 and an oil burner - both of which may well be addressed when the new IS range is launched.

how about my sugestion at the begining 3.6 l VVTLI producing 384hp (2x the 1.8 ts unit ... I would pay just to hear it )

Lexus do not seem interested in high powered car - they don't see that as their market.

Don't think we'll see a 3.6 V8 with 384+ bhp.

I have a 4.3 V8, and that only produces touch under 300 bhp.

Lexus do not seem interested in high powered car - they don't see that as their market.

Don't think we'll see a 3.6 V8 with 384+ bhp.

I have a 4.3 V8, and that only produces touch under 300 bhp.

seems they are intent to go against the grain... I cant think of a premium brand that does not also have a powerful version ....

Toyota are creating a sports devision maybe the same will be true for lexus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links