Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

16's And Lowered

minnnt_ts

no problem dude!! not even if you have car full! i have 15s, getting some 40mm drop soon! then next year i want 16s!!

I get rubbing on the fronts, but more-so on the off-side, so off to get alignment done sometime soon, me thinks. :thumbsup:

is that just because it needs aligning or will they catch anyway? am i just better sticking with some new 15's?

Minnnt

Not sure tbh, but in theory, they shouldn't catch, as the tyres are no wider than is said they should be. I reckon it's just needing aligned properly, to add some extra camber in, but that isn't a big thing. Nothing to worry about in my book! :thumbsup:

How low could you go on 16z? Without scrubbing or anything? Most people seem to do 30mm... Could you do 40mm or 50mm?

Not sure how low you would need to go to make the car look like its sitting on the tyres and the shape of the wheel arch matches the wheel curvature? And thats without anyone in it.

If you knew what the ride height of a standard T-Sport, i could tell you. I'll just need to measure how high mines sit's.

B)

Yeh but are the wheel arches big enough to hold the wheel and tyre all the way to the top? And Im guessing a much stiffer suspension setting would be needed, otherwise hit a pot hole and the wheels would scrub big time.

But then I guess you could get the rolled anyway just incase. Some people say its very cheap or free if you get it done with the wheels.

How much is yours lowered? [Or should I say how much did Nizan lower it hehe]. Just had a look and it looks just about right, maybe another 10mm lower would tweak that to perfection.

It only rub's, when i'm going down dips at speed, or hitting bumps, otherwise it's fine. I considered lowering it more, but the Tein's just aren't stiff enough.

I don't know how low it is bud. B)

and it rubs? :blink: surely thats wrong init?

Minnnt

if you go off lil pot holes etc in the road it rubs...

If i have 5 people in, it goes clunk....

i have the yaris optional 14" alloys and 35mm jamex springs

That can't be right? My TS with the standard 15" wheels is lowered 30mm on TTE springs and I have no problems at all with rubbing...

Well when me and my bro were in drb5's car it never rubbed once and I reckon its lowered about 50-60mm! :thumbsup:

Its a bit wild in the back though, I was getting thrown about something awful! :yes:

Well when me and my bro were in drb5's car it never rubbed once and I reckon its lowered about 50-60mm! 

Its a bit wild in the back though, I was getting thrown about something awful!

You enjoyed that something chronic, Ryan!! :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

your car is sooooo low! are they 15's or 16's? but you need sum new lower profile tyres they look huge (or is it just me?) :ph34r:

Minnnt

Who's car you talking about Minnnt_ts? If it's mine, the tyres are perfect, any lower and i'll get nowhere! :wacko::blink:

The size of the tyre is perfect for the gearing ratio of the car. If i go and fit small diameter tyres on it, the wheels will be turning faster, but i won't be getting there faster. Was takin the micky a bit, but still had a point to make. :thumbsup:

Lol, lowering wars.

Ask Nizan how much lower the suspension is. I guess its TTE Springs -30mm. Thats what seems to be the common change.

Well when the day comes... Il just find out how low I should go at the garage and what they can recommend. It will look okay with standard suspension in the mean time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links