Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

16's And Lowered

minnnt_ts

Storm....that's a classic post m8!!!!ROTF!! :lol:

Nizan doesn't know how low it is. He got the Tein's through Envy and the also fitted and set them up! What i used to do, was measure the height from the edge of the rim, to the edge of the wheel arch, on all 4 corners, get them all sitting the same height and then work out how much lower it was. Will need to get me finger out and measure them up!

B)

Can't really hear it tbh but it looks the nuts! If he was gunning it you would probably hear it though but at idle and at low revs you can't really hear it! :thumbsup:

oh rite, i thought it wud sound minnnt!! whats the best sounding back box then? and what is meant when peopl say "cat back" :blink:

Minnnt

Cat back means the pipe's and back box from the catalytic converter back are replaced with (usually) stainless steel numbers!

And although I've never heard a Fujitsubo backbox alone (without manifold and de-cat like drb5's) I've heard it is probably the nicest sounding around! :thumbsup:

arh... yeh now you come to mention it i have seen them with the pipe... does that make much difference?

Minnnt

Cat back means the pipe's and back box from the catalytic converter back are replaced with (usually) stainless steel numbers!

And although I've never heard a Fujitsubo backbox alone (without manifold and de-cat like drb5's) I've heard it is probably the nicest sounding around! :thumbsup:

Its sounds gorgeous on its own Ryan. Although it isn't that loud. Hmm.. well actually... how do I phrase this. Its loud enough to hear when idling but it isn't so loud that you can hear it a mile off.

Oh and at Jap day - Santa Pod its just COMPLETELY drowned out. No surprise tho, those damn skylines and scooby's!

I'm guessing when I get a centre pipe to replace the mid-silencer and a sports cat it'll be a bit louder. Although I just spent the money for that on a new graphics card an memory!!! Arg... damn Half-Life 2!

Hehe HL2... the bank breaker on such a small scale.

What about a full custom exhaust? Say by Powerflow would that still sound the stuff if you got them to make it properly?

Powerflow boxes are unrefined and made with poor quality steel. The back boxes have a low and unispiring sound in my opinion. There is no refinement, no proper throaty rasp when hitting the high rev's and no proper suckback when letting off the throttle.

Just my opinion. However I am getting a custom centre pipe and sports cat - however it won't be by powerflow. And if the steel isn't of top quality it doesnt matter - you can't see it! :D

Wheres the best place to get a full custom exhaust then? Cause if I got the Booster back end I wouldn't get the exhaust designed for it, Jaxx didn't like it and was going to replace it with a custom one. Wheres the best place?

i must say though, althought "its not loud enough for his liking" he booted it past me this mornin and it dint half roar. and its quick. but there is only a cut out in the back bumper for an exhaust on the right hand side so the left hand exit pipe doesnt sit right. doesnt look as good now he's took most things off it! :unsure:

Minnnt

Minnt u on bout Jaxx car? Cause the booster back lip has the space for both exhausts. So surly they fitted fine when the kit was present. Im not sure what he has left at the moment.

Its alot thou, £550.50 for that dual exhaust system. How much does it replace? The booster dual one I mean. Is it a full Cat-Back system?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links