Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird Size Indictor Holes?

GTant

Thats a bit of a strange one eh? Normal side repeater holes are rectangularly shaped on MR2's. Is it the same on both sides or just the right??

Couldn't tell if thats a MR2 wing, as the pic is a bit poo.

But those holes are for the oval indicators really, but depending on size you could fit some spuare one's on there

It looks to me like it's probably a MR2 wing from a mk2 Import.

Basically when the cars come over from Japan if less than 10 years old they have to be put through a SVA test. Without wishing to sound patronising it's like a more vigorous MOT test.

Anyway, because of the location of the JDM spec repeater being right at the front and not on the wing behind the front wheel, this has to be changed / rectified to comply with UK motoring laws.

More often than not this is solved by the importer by the cheapest way possible by using a generic cheapo repeater found in Halfords etc rather than the importer forking out £35+ for genuine Toyota parts.

I reckon that's what's happened here, a simple bit of drilling, whack on a cheapy round repeater and it's job done.

I had a similar problem with my turbo, the importer had used the most ugliest caravan style rectangular amber blocks you've ever seen!

They were nearly 7cm long and fudged in with screws. :ffs:

It meant that the 5 cm Toyota repeaters wouldn't hide the screw marks so I had to use Lexus is200 repeaters at 7cm long.

HTH :thumbsup:

this is correct guys. cheers.. gonna try cut the hole to standard size some time this week :o

Good Luck mate, I'd be interested to know how you get on.

I never facied doing it myself, probably as I've not got the patience or guts to start cutting into my car!

Maybe a Dremel cutter might be the way to do it?

How are you going to transfer the size of the indicator on to the wing for cutting?

Remember to post some pics if you can - if all goes well!

:thumbsup:

Go with the Vauxhall suggestion.... I have this shaped hole and the vauxhall lenses fitted perfectly when the old cheap ones faded to much.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links