Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 16in Alloy Offset

macautos

hi there lads, quick question for ye .My missus just bought a 99 G6 and i want to get her a set of 16's with 195/45/16 or even 195/50/16 tyres. Would i be right in assuming a 42mm offset is right .Also note she doesnt want it lowered so standard suspension will be used and also this model G6 seems to be SR spec as it has DISCS ALL ROUND /strutbrace/TTE front bumper and spoiler etc. any help appreciated

A 40-42 offset should be best (preferably a 40 I think). DONT let people talk U into having a 38 offset as it is wrong! They sold me 17's like this and I had 2completely roll the arch lip!

If you search the forums there is lots of information on this. Also, try John's site. He has 16's.

www.ae111sr.co.uk

Ad

Do aftermarket wheels have the offset writen on the rear face in some way? I've had a look at mine (TSW Both sets) and they only seam to list the size (inch circumfrance and width).

Hi guys,

Ive said this before a 38 o/s will fit a corolla if fitted with a 195/45 tyre if its a 16 inch wheel and a 195/40/ for a 17 inch wheel.

Hope this helps you out?!

Max Respect The one and only Saxokiller :ph34r:

Sorry Saxokiller I must disagree with you on this. I've had personal experience on 16's with 38mm offset and 195x45x16 tyres and they scrubbed so badly I had to take them off. My 98 Corolla has drums on the back and I think that this pushes the hub out a bit further. The original 15 inch alloys (Wolfrace Racelight)that came with the car when I bought it new from Toyota had an offset of 42mm. The 16's I have now have a 40mm offset and I've even had to modify the arches to get those to clear the 195x45x16 tyres.

Good Point :thumbsup:

Forgot about them !Removed! drums!!why the hell people keep drum brakes on the rear when modding a car is beyond me LOL!

Respect Saxokiller :ph34r:

Forgot about them !Removed! drums!!why the hell people keep drum brakes on the rear when modding a car is beyond me LOL!

I still prefer drum on back! I find that the disc set up (as per my GTi) can give problems in our damp climate (there have been quite a few threads on AE82 & AE92 sticking rear caliper problems).

I wouldn't always 'knock' drums on performance cars even with drums on the front. A friends Jaguar XK120 has drum brakes all round and that has been an Ex-Monte Carlo rally car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links