Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Was Just Reading A Website Which Claims.....

Adam K

that rev1's didn't have abs.

my car has abs but i've always believed it is a rev1. it is a jap import tubby. can somebody set me straight on this.

cheers!!

My old UK REv1 didn't have ABS or PAS .. was an option I believe ..

Have a look in the stickies and the revision changes. All the details in there ..

My rev 2 does not have it!!!!!!

must admit I'm not an ABS fan at all!!!

May sound daft but how do you tell if your car has ABS? Is there a symbol that lights up near the speedo?

You should have a check light come on when you first turn on ignition. Failing that find a safe place to do so and jam the anchors on, you will soon know.

LOL.. if u dont have ABS you will be in a tree!

I dont have it... not met any trees yet tho but I did have a scary moment yesterday in the rain!

ABS.. great in the wet... **** in the dry..

Mines a GTS with no ABS... but LSD is alwasy a nice thing to have.. :thumbsup:

abs is great in dry and pants in wet, i used to pull the fuse for it on my primera for the winter, if id had it out the day of the crash i would still have the car outside my house :crybaby:

abs isnt designed to stop you quicker but to give u more control of the car under heavy braking, in an mr2 i cant see it being much use as the weight of the car is over the front wheels under heavy braking and thats where u want it for control, on an mr2 abs would take weight off the drive wheels.

Mines a GTS with no ABS... but LSD is alwasy a nice thing to have.. :thumbsup:

Mine too.....My 1990 GT had ABS, seemed fine when I had it BUT when I brought my GT-S and 1st used the brakes I found them to be MUCH better....they seemed to work faster :)

On a side not I had a BAD experiance in a ST-R Legnum just recently....it was SUPPOSED to have abs, I was on my way to laod the car onto a boat as it was sold....4 lanes, 2 each way & a zebra crossing. long story short a woman crossed from the other side and the guy in front of me didn't see past the truck on his right and stopped suddenly, i applied the brakes and realised I wasn't going to stop in time at that speed so had no choice but to push the brake to the floor. For a split secong there was NOTHING at all, then the car locked up and SLID into the back of the car in front (1999 Integra) So much for the ABS in that car!! :rolleyes: The front bonnet etc was all pushed up....I managed to convince the buyer it was all cosmetic (which it pretty much was) got it fixed by the insurance company ($1600 worth of parts) and sent it on it's way a week later.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ello!!

sometimes when i go over a really ****ty section down country lanes like a load of wet leaves, or loads of gravel, i apply the brakes and u feel the abs kick in and u actually can feel that the car has removed the brakes and u aren't slowing down. it's scary!!

ello!!

sometimes when i go over a really ****ty section down country lanes like a load of wet leaves, or loads of gravel, i apply the brakes and u feel the abs kick in and u actually can feel that the car has removed the brakes and u aren't slowing down. it's scary!!

Exactly!!! and I live in country lanes :hokus-pokus:

The worse is ABS and snow :censor:

At least if the wheels lock up the snow collects infront of them and has a door stop effect..... ABS in snow feels like someones cut your break lines!!!

Thats me.. the other day my g/f was driving me home in my mr2.. she was nattering and didn't see the car infront slam on its brakes as it nearly missed its turning...... when she did see it she near enough pushed the brake pedal through the floor.. all 4 wheels locked uop, she kept her foot hard down.... back end swyung out and the wheel smacked the curb :ffs:

From this we can conclude that:

A, Women can't drive

B, don't let your girlfriend drive

C, ABS is needed for some, less "involved" drivers

ello!!

sometimes when i go over a really ****ty section down country lanes like a load of wet leaves, or loads of gravel, i apply the brakes and u feel the abs kick in and u actually can feel that the car has removed the brakes and u aren't slowing down.  it's scary!!

Exactly!!! and I live in country lanes :hokus-pokus:

The worse is ABS and snow :censor:

At least if the wheels lock up the snow collects infront of them and has a door stop effect..... ABS in snow feels like someones cut your break lines!!!

Thats me.. the other day my g/f was driving me home in my mr2.. she was nattering and didn't see the car infront slam on its brakes as it nearly missed its turning...... when she did see it she near enough pushed the brake pedal through the floor.. all 4 wheels locked uop, she kept her foot hard down.... back end swyung out and the wheel smacked the curb :ffs:

From this we can conclude that:

A, Women can't drive

B, don't let your girlfriend drive

C, ABS is needed for some, less "involved" drivers

completely off topic but i'm up in maidenhead later, isn't that round your way?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links