Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Induction Kit

Billy-Ray

I've got a 52 plate Yaris 1.3 with 17s and a HKS backbox. I wanted more power so i went for a HKS induction kit from TDI.

Once it was fitted, my engine started to shake violently when idleing, like it was possessd :o I was told that the Induction kit was drawing 2 much power away from the engine.

Now i spent £500 on this thing cause they had 2 custom make the piping due 2 the fact that my engine was a new design. :censor: I'm ****** cause i swear they must have known that my engine wasnt powerful enough b4 they started 2 make it. Then they told my in order 4 it 2 work properly i would need an uprated ECU.

Since my incident i've heard a few negative stories about TDI, so i don't really feel like going back 2 them. I get the feelin that they only like 2 work on high perfomance cars.

Does any1 know of anotha place i could get the ECU from cause i really want 2 feel the effects of the kit :help:

hmm... ECU upgrade for an induction kit? that's a bit odd... it's possible (but unlikelly) that your engine is running lean - doesn't get enough fuel... but that's strange if you only have an ordinary induction kit and a backbox... might happen if you had a custom manifold and bigger exhaust but should not happen with such minor mods as you have...

you sure you got all the air hoses and sensors connected? :)

Strange - I found TDI really good. I have a T-Sport and had the HKS induction and back box added by them a couple of months back. The guy I dealt with was Nathan - he seemed to really know his stuff and I've had no hassles from kit.

Anyone else had problems?

Clarky

Yeah, Some guy i spoke 2 at Hot Import Nights got his Bmw M Roadster done there. He spent £20,000, amongst the other mods was a turbo conversion.

Within 2 weeks of driving it after it was completed, he was experiencing major engine probs..

He belled them and asked them 2 fix it and they told him Yeah of sure, for a price. He was a bit ****** off, i mean after spending 20gs u shouldn't b experiencing probs within 2 weeks.

In the end he decided 2 go 2 a place in Ponders end which i think is called Prism motorsports, but i'm not sure.

In any event he said they were much better. Even though he had to spend an additional 30k, his car is running perfectly, no probs what so ever.

R u by any chance the guy i met at Donny South, not this summer but the one last year? My Yaris is Silver with the engine u had never seen before and we had to walk all the way to the end of the car park 2 c it, I didn't really want 2 but u insisted cause i was a fellow Yaris owner.

Still doesn't tally with my experiences and recently they've been really helpful with a lot other stuff for a celica I'm working with.

Not me mate ..

Clarky

He spent £20,000, amongst the other mods was a turbo conversion.

Even though he had to spend an additional 30k, his car is running perfectly, no probs what so ever.

£50k ?... on a Beemer?... :blink: Is he ok?

£50k ?... on a Beemer?...  Is he ok?

Damn right... must be compensating for something he lacks!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links